Altamonte Springs, Fla., April 26, 2019 – The No. 18-ranked Washington University in St. Louis women's tennis team used a doubles sweep to propel the Bears to a 5-0 victory over No. 34 Case Western Reserve Friday in the consolation semifinals of the 2019 University Athletic Association (UAA) Championship in Altamonte Springs, Fla.
WashU improved to 12-11 with the win, while Case dropped to 7-11.
1. Ally Persky/Lisa Chionis (WASHUW) def. Madeleine Paolucci/Nicole Cardwell (CWR-W) 8-6
2. Laurel Wanger/Ashley Lessen (WASHUW) def. Shreyaa Mukund/Sneha Karnam (CWR-W) 8-4
3. Sanjna Tripathy/Stephanie Ren (WASHUW) def. Mira Amin/Nidhi Jha (CWR-W) 8-6
1. Ally Persky (WASHUW) vs. Madeleine Paolucci (CWR-W) 1-6, 2-3, unfinished
2. Divya Sharma (WASHUW) def. Nicole Cardwell (CWR-W) 6-2, 6-1
3. Brigitte Hodge (WASHUW) vs. Mira Amin (CWR-W) 4-6, 1-0, unfinished
4. Sneha Karnam (CWR-W) vs. Ashley Lessen (WASHUW) no result
5. Laurel Wanger (WASHUW) vs. Nidhi Jha (CWR-W) 6-3, 4-0, unfinished
6. Zoe Park (WASHUW) def. Eliza Georgiades (CWR-W) 6-0, 6-2
• WashU is 7-10 against nationally-ranked teams
• The Bears swept doubles for the third time this season
• Chionis picked up the 50th doubles win of her career
WashU takes on No. 21 NYU in the fifth-place match Saturday at 8:30 a.m. (ET).