Chicago, Ill., April 12, 2014 – The No. 9-ranked Washington University in St. Louis women's tennis team earned a 6-3 win over No. 23 Case Western Reserve University Saturday to extend its winning streak to seven matches.
Washington U. improved to 14-3 with the win, marking the eighth time in head coach Kelly Stahlhuth's nine seasons that the Bears have won at least 14 matches. Senior Theresa Petraskova picked up a key win for Washington U. at No. 4 singles, trailing 5-0 in the second set before winning 7-5 and taking the third set 7-5.
1. Rebecca Ho/Corinne Rauck (WASHUW) def. Sara Zargham/Marianne Bonanno (CASEW) 8-5
2. Sarah Berchuck/Surya Khadilkar (CASEW) def. Aly Coran/Jamie Silverberg (WASHUW) 8-5
3. Betsy Edershile/Hanna Newstadt (WASHUW) def. Taylor Sweeney/Michelle Djohan (CASEW) 8-1
1. Jamie Silverberg (WASHUW) def. Marianne Bonanno (CASEW) 6-0, 6-1
2. Rebecca Ho (WASHUW) def. Sara Zargham (CASEW) 6-3, 6-1
3. Aly Coran (WASHUW) def. Taylor Sweeney (CASEW) 5-7, 6-3, 6-0
4. Theresa Petraskova (WASHUW) def. Surya Khadilkar (CASEW) 0-6, 7-5, 7-5
5. Sarah Berchuck (CASEW) def. Betsy Edershile (WASHUW) 6-0, 6-3
6. Michelle Djohan (CASEW) def. Corinne Rauck (WASHUW) 2-6, 6-2, 6-3
• Washington U. is 13-0 this season when leading after doubles.
• The Bears improved to 6-3 against ranked teams.
• Senior Corinne Rauck is three wins shy of joining Washington U.'s 100-win club.
Up Next: Washington U. is scheduled to play a pair of matches Sunday in Chicago. The Bears take on No. 12 University of Chicago at 9 a.m., followed by a meeting against Coe College at 2 p.m.