St. Louis, Mo., April 15, 2019 – The No. 6-ranked Washington University in St. Louis men's tennis team celebrated Senior Day with a 9-0 victory over Principia College Monday at Tao Tennis Center in St. Louis.
WashU, who played its third match in three days, improved to 14-5 with the win. Principia fell to 9-7 with the loss.
Prior to the match, WashU honored its two seniors in Konrad Kozlowski and Radha Vishnubhotla. The duo has helped lead WashU to a 67-25 overall record in four seasons with three trips to the NCAA Quarterfinals.
1. Konrad Kozlowski/Bernardo Neves (WASHUM) def. Wyatt Dale/Greg Sovie (PCMT) 8-4
2. Radha Vishnubhotla/Luke McClelland (WASHUM) def. Jules Kitchingman/Nat Kenworthy (PCMT) 8-0
3. J.J. Kroot/Benjamin van der Sman (WASHUM) def. Daniel Gomez/Brody Swan (PCMT) 8
1.Daniel Li (WASHUM) def. Daniel Gomez (PCMT) 2-6, 6-1, 10-7
2. Benjamin van der Sman (WASHUM) def. Wyatt Dale (PCMT) 6-2, 6-0
3. Konrad Kozlowski (WASHUM) def. Greg Sovie (PCMT) 6-1, 7-5
4. Radha Vishnubhotla (WASHUM) def. Jules Kitchingman (PCMT) 6-3, 6-2
5. J.J. Kroot (WASHUM) def. Nat Kenworthy (PCMT) 6-1, 6-3
6. David Buchinsky (WASHUM) def. Brody Swan (PCMT) 6-1, 6-0
• The Bears swept doubles play for the 10th time this season
• Kozlowski has won 11-straight singles matches
• Kozlowski has a 106-53 career record, and ranks 21stin school history in wins
• Vishnubhotla is 83-36 in his four-year career
• The Bears are 132-6 at home in the last 15 years under head coach Roger Follmer
WashU hosts Wisconsin-Whitewater on Friday, April 19, at 2 p.m.