No. 13 Washington U. Women’s Tennis Defeats Case to Earn First Win of the Season
Greencastle, Ind., Feb. 24, 2013 — The No. 13-ranked Washington University in St. Louis women’s tennis team picked up its first win of the season with a 7-2 victory over Case Western Reserve University Sunday morning at the DePauw Indoor Tennis and Track Center.
The Bears (1-1) handed Case (6-2) its second-straight loss. Washington U. took a 2-1 lead after doubles, then won five of six singles matches to seal the victory.
1. Corinne Rauck/Theresa Petraskova (WASHU) def. Erika Lim/Sara Zargham (CASE) 8-3
2. Alexandra Lim/Surya Khadilkar (CASE) def. Hanna Newstadt/Jamie Silverberg (WASHU) 8-4
3. Aly Coran/Paige Madara (WASHU) def. Kathleen Evers/Taylor Sweeney (CASE) 9-7
1. Theresa Petraskova (WASHU) def. Sara Zargham (CASE) 6-2, 6-4
2. Jamie Silverberg (WASHU) def. Erika Lim (CASE) 6-3, 7-5
3. Aly Coran (WASHU) def. Taylor Sweeney (CASE) 6-4, 6-3
4. Hanna Newstadt (WASHU) def. Surya Khadilkar (CASE) 6-4, 6-2
5. Paige Madara (WASHU) def. Alexandra Lim (CASE) 6-2, 7-6 (7-1)
6. Marianne Bonanno (CASE) def. Betsy Edershile (WASHU) 6-3, 0-6, 1-0 (10-7)
• The Bears earned a 5-2 win over Case Western Reserve the last time the two teams played, April 14, 2012.
• Junior Theresa Petraskova won the 40th singles match of her career (40-16), and improved her overall career record to 78-42.
Up Next: Washington University (1-1) is scheduled to host its first home match of the season Saturday, March 2, against Rhodes College. The match is set to begin at 10 a.m.