No. 14 Washington U. Men’s Tennis Rolls Past Wittenberg For Fifth-Straight Win
St. Louis, Mo., April 7, 2013 – The No. 14 ranked Washington University in St. Louis men’s tennis team extended its winning streak to five matches with a 9-0 victory over Wittenberg University Sunday morning at the Tao Tennis Center in St. Louis.
1. #3 Adam Putterman (WASHUM) def. Ian Streicker (WITM) 6-3, 6-3
2. Ross Putterman (WASHUM) def. Stas Pakhomov (WITM) 6-0, 6-2
3. Tim Noack (WASHUM) def. Sasha Topolyanskiy (WITM) 6-2, 6-0
4. Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) def. Alexey Topolyanskiy (WITM) 6-4, 3-6, 14-12
5. Gary Parizher (WASHUM) def. Sam Wilke (WITM) 6-0, 6-1
6. Max Franklin (WASHUM) def. Sergio Fishkin (WITM) 6-0, 6-2
1. Adam Putterman/Ross Putterman (WASHUM) def. Alexey Topolyanskiy/Sasha Topolyanskiy (WITM) 8-0
2. Kareem Farah/Josh Cogan (WASHUM) def. Sam Wilke/Tyler Strong (WITM) 8-2
3. Gary Parizher/Max Franklin (WASHUM) def. Ian Streicker/Sergio Fishkin (WITM) 8-3
• Washington U. is 106-9 (.922) at home under Follmer.
• With two victories Sunday, senior Adam Putterman picked up career win number 140.
• Putterman’s singles win was the 84th of his career, tied for fourth most in school history.
• Senior Gary Parizher’s two wins moved him past Charlie Howard (2004-08) into 12th on the WUSTL all-time wins list (111).
Washington U. (8-5) returns to action with a home match on Wednesday, April 10, at 6 p.m., against NAIA Lindenwood-Belleville.