Washington University in St. Louis, in conjunction with its athletic support organization, the W Club, has inducted 150 student-athletes, coaches, administrators and friends of the University into its Sports Hall of Fame.
The Hall of Fame, established in 1992, is located in the newly constructed Hall of Champions on the north concourse in the Athletics Complex.
Hall of Fame Inductees:
Hall of Fame inductees are inducted into one of two separate categories--one for former student-athletes, coaches and athletic department administrators, and a second distinguished service category for individuals who have significantly advanced the development of Washington University Intercollegiate Athletics.
Submit a Nomination to the Hall of Fame
The Washington University Sports Hall of Fame nomination process is open to everyone. We welcome and encourage your participation with worthy candidates. Please review the criteria listed below and then submit your nomination - PDF - via email or mail to: Chris Mitchell, Sports Information Director. Your submissions should include as much factual information as possible about the individual. Nominees mabe by contacted to request more information if needed.
- Hold an undergraduate degree from the University.
- Have earned their degree a minimum of five years prior to induction.
- Have competed for a varsity sport as recognized by the University.
- Coaches and administrators must have begun a term of service to the University at least 10 years prior to induction.
- Selection of the distinguished service awards includes consideration of "time, service and support to advance the well-being of the athletics programs."
For further information about the Hall of Fame, or to submit nominees, please email Chris Mitchell or call (314) 935-5077.