St. Louis, Mo., Sept. 27, 2017 - The No. 18-ranked Washington University in St. Louis volleyball team enters its fifth week of play and will travel to Cleveland, Ohio for the University Athletic Association Round Robin #1 against New York University, Case Western Reserve University and No. 10 Carnegie Mellon University.
Download the complete WashU game notes by clicking HERE (PDF).
• THIS WEEK'S COMPETITION - WashU (8-5 Overall) enters the week as the No. 18 ranked team in the latest American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) Division III poll. The Bears will travel to Case Western Reserve University for the University Athletic Association (UAA) Round Robin #1. WashU will face New York (3-12) at 2 p.m. followed by a match versus Case Western (10-6) at 4 p.m. on Saturday. The Bears conclude the first round robin against No. 10 Carnegie Mellon (16-0).
• ALL-TIME UAA RECORD - WashU possesses an all-time record of 315-22 against UAA opposition. Here is how the Bears have fared against this week's opponents:
New York: 46-2 (Last loss: 2-3 in UAA Round Robin #2, 10/6/2001)
Case Western: 43-1 (Last loss: 1-3 in UAA Round Robin #2, 10/17,2010)
Carnegie Mellon: 50-2 (Last loss: 2-3 in UAA Tournament, 11/9/2013)
• STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE - WashU's strength of schedule determined by opponent's cumulative record ranks 20th in all of Division III, as the Bears past and future opponents possess a won loss percentage of 0.641.
• ALL-TOURNAMENT TEAM - Junior Ifeoma Ufondu was named to the Barker Chevrolet Classic II All-Tournament team despite WashU competing exclusively on the first night. Ufondu totaled 32 kills as the Bears defeated Tufts and then-No.25 Cornell in five set matches.
• EXTREMELY EFFICIENT - Junior Julianne Malek ranks second in NCAA Division III in hitting percentage, with a success rate of .445. On the season, she has 146 kills with 24 errors in 274 attempts. Junior Ifeoma Ufondu leads the team with 164 kills, while Malek also leads the Bears in service aces with 21.
• LOADED UAA - The UAA has four teams within the latest AVCA Top-25 poll. Emory leads the way ranking No. 3, while Carnegie Mellon slotted into the 10th position with the Bears holding onto No. 18 as Chicago inserted itself into the 25th spot.
• TEAM STATS - WashU as a whole has combined for a hitting percentage of .207 (75th), 12.19 kills per set (82nd) and 1.71 blocks per set (99th) which all rank within the top-100 of Division III programs.