Flossmoor, Ill., April 14, 2019 – The No. 15-ranked Washington University in St. Louis women's tennis team suffered an 8-1 loss to No. 11 University of Chicago in a top-15 matchup Sunday at Homewood-Flossmoor High School in Flossmoor, Ill.
Chicago won its fifth-straight match to improve to 11-4, while WashU had its three-match win streak snapped and fell to 8-10.
1. Catherine Xu/Eugenia Lee (UC) def. Lisa Chionis/Ally Persky (WASHUW) 8-6
2. Marjorie Antohi/Lainey Axell (UC) def. Laurel Wanger/Ashley Lessen (WASHUW) 8-4
3. Lauren Park/Nicole Semenov (UC) def. Stephanie Ren/Sanjna Tripathy (WASHUW) 8-4
1. #24 Marjorie Antohi (UC) def. Ally Persky (WASHUW) 6-3, 6-2
2. #36 Catherine Xu (UC) def. Divya Sharma (WASHUW) 2-6, 7-5, 10-2
3. Lauren Park (UC) def. Brigitte Hodge (WASHUW) 6-2, 6-2
4. Eugenia Lee (UC) def. Ashley Lessen (WASHUW) 7-5, 6-1
5. Nicole Semenov (UC) def. Laurel Wanger (WASHUW) 6-0, 6-4
6. Zoe Park (WASHUW) def. Annika Pandey (UC) 6-4 6-4
• WashU is 5-9 against ranked teams this season
• Park was won six-straight singles matches
WashU hosts NCAA Division II University of Missouri-St. Louis on Wednesday, April 17, at 4:30 p.m.