St. Louis, Mo., April 20, 2018– The No. 12-ranked Washington University in St. Louis women's tennis team used its seventh doubles sweep of the season to lead the Bears to a 9-0 victory over No. 36 University of Texas-Tyler Friday afternoon at the Tao Tennis Center in St. Louis.
WashU improved to 11-5 with the win, while Texas-Tyler fell to 13-6.
1. #6 Ally Persky/Grace Deering (WASHUW) def. Nancy Perez/Victoria Kniffen (UTTW) 8-2
2. Ashley Lessen/Lisa Chionis (WASHUW) def. Emily Danielson/Lauren Kuhn (UTTW) 8-2
3. Brigitte Hodge/Sanjna Tripathy (WASHUW) def. Braelynn Seely/Molly Hinkle (UTTW) 8-3
1. #18 Grace Deering (WASHUW) def. Nancy Perez (UTTW) 6-0, 6-1
2. #17 Ashley Lessen (WASHUW) def. Lauren Kuhn (UTTW) 6-3, 6-3
3. Ally Persky (WASHUW) def. Emily Danielson (UTTW) 6-2, 6-1
4. Brigitte Hodge (WASHUW) def. Savannah Seely (UTTW) 6-1, 6-0
5. Sanjna Tripathy (WASHUW) def. Molly Hinkle (UTTW) 6-1, 6-2
6. Libby Jubas (WASHUW) def. Victoria Kniffen (UTTW) 6-3, 6-0
• WashU is 8-5 against nationally-ranked teams this season
• Deering upped her career win total to 131, one shy of sixth place all-time
• Head coach Kelly Stahlhuth is three wins shy of 200 for her career
• Persky has won eight-straight singles matches and is 13-3 this season
WashU hosts DePauw University Saturday at 10 a.m.