Whitewater, Wis., May 12, 2017 – Senior Kaylan Griffith picked up a pair of victories to become the 26th member of the 100-win club as the No. 11-ranked Washington University in St. Louis women's tennis team posted a 5-0 victory over John Carroll University Friday in the second round of the 2017 NCAA Division III Championship in Whitewater, Wis.
Griffith has a 101-53 record in four seasons on the Danforth Campus – 40-32 in singles and 61-21 in doubles.
WashU improved to 13-10 with the win, while John Carroll had its 10-match winning streak come to an end and finished the season with a 16-10 record.
1. #3 Rebecca Ho/Kaylan Griffith (WASHUW) def. Lauren O'Malley/Madisyn Rini (JCU-W) 8-4
2. Grace Deering/Lisa Chionis (WASHUW) def. Nicolette Bourlas/Natalie Bourlas (JCU-W) 8-1
3. Sanjna Tripathy/Mindy Borovsky (WASHUW) def. Carlye Campagna/Jennifer Stroyne (JCU-W) 8-1
1. #4 Rebecca Ho (WASHUW) vs. Lauren O'Malley (JCU-W) 6-3, 1-0, unfinished
2. Grace Deering (WASHUW) vs. Madisyn Rini (JCU-W) 6-0, 3-0, unfinished
3. Brigitte Hodge (WASHUW) vs. Nicolette Bourlas (JCU-W) 6-1, 3-0, unfinished
4. Kaylan Griffith (WASHUW) def. Katherine Devine (JCU-W) 6-0, 6-1
5. Sanjna Tripathy (WASHUW) def. Jennifer Stroyne (JCU-W) 6-1, 6-1
6. Kate Lee (WASHUW) vs. Molly Traverso (JCU-W) 6-4, unfinished
• The Bears are 14-17 (.452) in 18 career NCAA appearances.
• Ho increased her school-record win total to 185.
• The Bears swept doubles for the seventh time this season.
Up Next: WashU takes No. 21 Hope College (21-3) in the regional championship Saturday at Noon.