Palm Springs, Calif., March 16, 2017 – The No. 9-ranked Washington University in St. Louis women's tennis team suffered an 8-1 loss to No. 3 Bowdoin College its final match on Spring Break Thursday in Palm Springs, Calif.
Bowdoin remained undefeated at 6-0, while WashU lost it second-straight match and fell to 5-6. The Bears have played eight of their last nine matches against ranked teams, including six in the top-10.
1. #25 Joulia Likhanskaia/Sam Stalder (BOW-W) def. #4 Kaylan Griffith/Rebecca Ho (WASHUW) 8-5
2. Tess Trinka/Pilar Giffenig (BOW-W) def. Lisa Chionis/Grace Deering (WASHUW) 8-5
3. Sasa Jovanovic/Tasha Christ (BOW-W) def. Sanjna Tripathy/Mindy Borovsky (WASHUW) 8-5
1. #4 Rebecca Ho (WASHUW) def. #49 Joulia Likhanskaia (BOW-W) 6-3, 4-6, 10-6
2. Tess Trinka (BOW-W) def. Grace Deering (WASHUW) 6-0, 6-1
3. Sam Stalder (BOW-W) def. Kaylan Griffith (WASHUW) 4-6, 6-3, 10-8
4. Tasha Christ (BOW-W) def. Brigitte Hodge (WASHUW) 6-4, 6-3
5. Sasa Jovanovic (BOW-W) def. Lisa Chionis (WASHUW) 6-1, 6-3
6. Pilar Giffenig (BOW-W) def. Sanjna Tripathy (WASHUW) 6-1, 6-4
• WashU is 3-6 against ranked teams this season.
• Ho improved to 18-2 in singles, including 6-1 against ranked opponents
• Ho upped her career win total to 165, 18 shy of the all-time school record
Up Next: WashU plays its 11th-straight road match on Friday, March 24, at No. 30 DePauw University. The match is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. (ET).