St. Louis, Mo., April 14, 2015 – The No. 11-ranked Washington University in St. Louis women's tennis team concluded its regular-season schedule with an 8-1 victory over NCAA Division II University of Missouri-St. Louis Tuesday evening at the Tao Tennis Center.
WashU improved to 16-4 with the win, while UMSL dropped to 9-7. It was the 10th straight victory for the Bears, who went 76-10 during the win streak.
1. Rebecca Ho/Jamie Silverberg (WASHU) def. Lina Parra/Chandler Duchaine (UMSL) 8-3
2. Grace Deering/Hanna Newstadt (WASHU) def. Natalia Carvalhais/Leanne Cantalupo (UMSL) 8-4
3. Aly Coran/Kaylan Griffith (WASHU) def. Annie Hays/Renee Verboven (UMSL) 8-3
1. Rebecca Ho (WASHU) def. Renee Verboven (UMSL) 6-0, 6-0
2. Natalia Carvalhais (UMSL) def. Aly Coran (WASHU) 6-2, 6-2
3. Grace Deering (WASHU) def. Annie Hays (UMSL) 6-2, 6-3
4. Hanna Newstadt (WASHU) def. Leanne Cantalupo (UMSL) 6-3, 6-2
5. Kaylan Griffith (WASHU) def. Chandler Duchaine (UMSL) 6-3, 6-0
6. Sophie Gunter (WASHU) def. Selena Smith (UMSL) 6-2, 6-3
• The Bears swept doubles for the 13th time this season and eighth time in the last 10 matches.
• Ho won her 10th straight singles match to improve her career singles record to 50-5.
• Junior Aly Coran and sophomore Kaylan Griffith won their ninth straight match as a doubles team.
• Junior Jamie Silverberg moved into a tie with Nandini Chaturvedula (1997-01) for 16th on WashU's career wins list with 108.
• Coran brought her career win total to 97, while senior Hanna Newstadt reached 92 career victories.
Up Next: WashU returns to action at the University Athletic Association (UAA) Championship scheduled for Thursday-Saturday, April 23-25, in Altamonte Springs, Fla.