No. 11 Women's Tennis Earns 7-2 Win at Chapman University Sunday
Orange, Calif., March 9, 2014 – The No. 11-ranked Washington University in St. Louis women's tennis team began its Spring Break roadtrip in California by earning a 7-2 win at Chapman University Sunday afternoon.
Washington U. built a 2-1 lead after doubles to propel the team to its fourth straight win. It was the first of five matches in California for the WUSTL women's tennis team over the next five days.
1. Andrea Hammer/Rachel Fox (CU-W) def. Theresa Petraskova/Corinne Rauck (WASHUW) 8-3
2. Aly Coran/Jamie Silverberg (WASHUW) def. Sophia Duong/Madeline Saunders (CU-W) 8-2
3. Betsy Edershile/Hanna Newstadt (WASHUW) def. Anna Nelson/Madison Mathis (CU-W) 8-1
1. Jamie Silverberg (WASHUW) def. Andrea Hammer (CU-W) 3-6, 7-6, 6-2
2. Rachel Fox (CU-W) def. Aly Coran (WASHUW) 6-0, 6-4
3. Rebecca Ho (WASHUW) def. Sophia Duong (CU-W) 7-5, 6-2
4. Theresa Petraskova (WASHUW) def. Madeline Saunders (CU-W) 4-6, 6-0, 6-3
5. Betsy Edershile (WASHUW) def. Anna Nelson (CU-W) 6-1, 6-2
6. Corinne Rauck (WASHUW) def. Laura Galijan (CU-W) 6-2, 6-1
• The Bears improved to 4-0 this season when leading after doubles.
• WUSTL has won at No. 3 singles in all six dual matches this season.
• Senior Theresa Petraskova's win at No. 4 singles brought her career total to 105, which ranks 17th on WUSTL's career wins leaderboard.
• Freshman Rebecca Ho improved to 10-1 this season in singles, including winning each of the last five dual matches.
Up Next: Washington U. (4-2) returns to action with a pair of matches Monday, March 10. The Bears take on the University of Rochester at 9 a.m. (PT), before facing No. 14 University of La Verne at 2 p.m. (PT) in Claremont, Calif.