Washington University in St. Louis was selected to host 2018 NCAA Division III First and Second Round Women's Soccer action Saturday-Sunday, Nov. 10-11, at Francis Field in St. Louis.
No. 1 WashU and Westminster College will square off in a first round game Saturday at 5 p.m., followed by Illinois Wesleyan University and Mount St. Joseph University at 7:30 p.m. The winners of Saturday's games will meet Sunday at 6 p.m. for a berth into the Sectional Semifinals.
All three games will be broadcast live on the WashU Sports Network and live stats will also be available on the WashU Athletics website.
SATURDAY, NOV. 10
#1 WashU vs. Westminster – 5 p.m.
Illinois Wesleyan vs. Mount St. Joseph – 7:30 p.m.
SUNDAY, NOV. 11
NCAA Second Round – 6 p.m.
Tickets will be $6.00 for adults and $3.00 for students, children and seniors, and kids under 2 are free. Gates will open one hour before kickoff.
ILLINOIS WESLEYAN NOTES
• Illinois Wesleyan is making its sixth consecutive and 11th overall appearance in the NCAA Division III Tournament.
• Illinois Wesleyan has a 10-8-3 overall record in NCAA competition and advanced to national semifinals in 2014.
• Head coach Tony Dulak in his first season at IWU, coming from Lynchburg (Va.), where he was assistant on team that made seven-straight NCAA Division III Tournaments and won the 2014 national championship.
• IWU went unbeaten in 11 of 12 games mid season
MOUNT ST. JOSEPH NOTES
• This the seventh time the Mount St. Joseph women's soccer team has qualified for the NCAA Division III Tournament, and the first time since 2008.
• The Lions won the HCAC tournament for the sixth time, the first since 2008.
• Kaylan Gruber is the Lions leading goal scorer this season. She netted 16 goals and seven assists this season. Both of which were good for second most in the HCAC.
• Under fifth-year head coach Josh Hess the Lions have registered a 64-45-8 record, and have steadily improved since the day he arrived.
• WashU won its fourth-straight University Athletic Association (UAA) title to earn the league's automatic bid. The Bears are one of two undefeated teams in NCAA Division III.
• The Bears are making their 13th-consecutive and 18th overall appearance in the NCAA Tournament. The Bears have a 35-14-8 (.684) record in NCAA Tournament play, and were the 2016 NCAA Division III National Champions.
• Jim Conlon is the winningest coach in school history with a 186-35-16 (.819) record in 11 seasons. Conlon has led the Bears to three Final Fours (2009, 2015, 2016), eight UAA titles and 11 trips to the NCAA Tournament.
• Westminster is making its second all-time NCAA appearance, and first since 2015.
• First-year head coach Wendy Sanchez is taking her first-ever team to the NCAA tournament.
• Senior midfielder Gracie Koonce set four records in the last regular-season game including career goals (43), career points (99), single-game goals (5) and single-game points (12).
• Senior midfielder Heidy Gundy earned 2018 Google Cloud Academic All-District honors, as announced by CoSIDA. Grundy has a 4.0 grade point average while majoring in exercise science.