at No. 10 Chicago (22-2, 13-0 UAA)
Saturday, Feb. 24 - 1 p.m. – Chicago, Ill.
Live Video: https://uchicago.prestosports.com/sports/wbkb/live-video
Live Stats: http://washubears.com/sports/wbkb/2017-18/boxscores/20180224_8fd9.xml
Live Audio: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/wustl/
Download the complete WASHU game notes by clicking HERE (PDF).
• ON THE SCHEDULE THIS WEEK WashU closes out the regular season with a single University Athletic Association (UAA) game on the road at No. 10-ranked University of Chicago (22-2, 13-0 UAA) on Saturday, Feb. 24. Tip-off is set for 1 p.m.
• HISTORY VS. OPPOSITION WashU is 50-16 all-time against Chicago but the Maroons defeated WashU in the most recent matchup on Jan. 6. Chicago won 82-76 and has strung together a 20-game winning streak since starting the season 2-2. Last season's regular season finale featured a game-winning shot by senior Natalie Orr in the closing seconds of the game to clinch WashU's 23rd UAA title.
• UAA ATHLETE OF THE WEEK Senior guard Natalie Orr was named the UAA Athlete of the Week on Feb. 19. She had a stellar senior weekend in which she averaged 20.5 points, 9 rebounds, three assists and 1.5 steals per game. Orr had a double-double in a 99-61 win over Case with 18 points and 10 rebounds before scoring a season-high 23 points in the Bears senior day win over Carnegie Mellon on Sunday.
• WASHU SETS UAA MARK On Feb. 9 at Brandeis, WashU set the UAA single game record with 16 three-pointers in the contest. Junior forward Stephanie Botkin (5-7) and senior guard Natalie Orr (5-7) each hit five triples during the win. On Feb. 16, WashU (11) and Case Western (13) combined to tie the all-time UAA mark with 24 three-pointers made.
1. Kelly Manning - 192, 2002-06
2. Laura Crowley - 159, 2001-03
3. Natalie Orr - 150, 2014-
4. Maddy Scheppers - 147, 2011-15
5. Rachael Sondag - 146, 2015-
• STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE According to D3hoops.com's strength of schedule rating system which utilizes a three-part system of opponents' winning percentage and opponents' opponents' winning percentage, WashU has the eighth most difficult schedule (.606).
• LEADING THE DECADES The 2017-18 WashU women's basketball team is currently averaging 78.2 points which is the top figure in the past 20 seasons. The best single season team average in points all-time at WashU was 80.2 by the 1997-98 roster.
• STEADY HAND In back-to-back weeks senior guard Shelby Mann set personal-bests in assists with seven at Brandeis (2/9) before nine against Carnegie (2/18) on senior day. She ranks fifth in DIII in assist-to-turnover ratio (2.75) which also leads the UAA. Mann has started 10 consecutive games and averaged 5.2 assists per game with a 4.0 assist-to-turnover ratio during that span.
• SHOOTING FOR HISTORY Junior guard Rachael Sondag has converted 67 triples on the season which is tied for fifth all-time in WashU single season history. Stacy Leeds (67, 1993-94), Zoë Unruh (68, 2009-10), Kelly Manning (70, 2005-06) and Laura Crowley (87, 2002-03) are ahead of Sondag's total.