at Brandeis (12-7, 4-5 UAA)
Friday, Feb. 9 - 6 p.m. (ET) - Waltham, Mass.
Live Video: http://www.brandeisjudges.com/sports/wbkb/streaming
Live Stats: http://washubears.com/sports/wbkb/2017-18/boxscores/20180209_f3g3.xml
at New York (12-8, 5-4 UAA)
Sunday, Feb. 11 - 2 p.m. (ET) – New York, N.Y.
Live Video: http://www.gonyuathletics.com/watch/?Live=249&type=Live
Live Stats: http://www.sidearmstats.com/nyu/wbball/
Download the complete WASHU game notes by clicking HERE (PDF).
• ON THE SCHEDULE THIS WEEK WashU travels this weekend to the northeast of the University Athletic Association (UAA) to face Brandeis University at 6 p.m. (ET) on Friday and New York University at 2 p.m. (ET) on Sunday.
• HISTORY VS. OPPOSITION WashU is 55-4 all-time against Brandeis, but the Judges snapped the Bears' 19-game winning streak against them with a 92-84 win in the WU Field House on Jan. 12. The Red & Green have a 44-18 advantage in the all-time series with NYU including a current four-game winning streak.
• STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE According to D3hoops.com's strength of schedule rating system which utilizes a three part system of opponents' winning percentage and opponents' opponents' winning percentage, WashU has the sixth most difficult schedule (.632). The Bears improved to 3-1 against ranked teams with their 71-52 victory on Feb. 2 over then No. 11 Rochester.
• KEYS TO VICTORY WashU is 11-0 on the season when they outrebound the opponent and also 7-0 when they work their way to the free throw line more often than the opposition.
• LEADING THE DECADE The 2017-18 WashU women's basketball team is currently averaging 76.2 points which is the top figure in the past 10 seasons. Only the 2016-17 (76.1 ppg) Bears team has averaged more than 75 points in the past 10 years.
• SPLASH SISTERS Senior guard Natalie Orr ascended into fifth place all-time in three-pointers made at WashU in program history as she shot 4-of-6 from three-point range against NYU on Jan. 14. She has totaled 137 three-pointers in her career. Junior guard Rachael Sondag's 134 triples made ranks sixth all-time in three-pointers.
3. Maddy Scheppers 147 2011-15
4. Stacy Leeds 143 1990-94
• STEADY HAND After matching a career-high performance with six assists and a single turnover in back-to-back games, senior guard Shelby Mann ranks 13th in DIII in assist-to-turnover ratio (2.5) which also leads the UAA. Mann has started six consecutive games and averaged 4.8 assists per game with a 4.1 assist-to-turnover ratio during that span.
• SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST During her senior season Natalie Orr is averaging career-highs with 12.3 ppg, 6.4 reb/g and 2.6 ast/g. She is also scoring at her best rate during UAA play with a 14.2 ppg average on 48.4-percent (45-93) shooting from the field.
• SHOOTING FOR HISTORY Junior guard Rachael Sondag has converted 57 triples on the season which ranks eighth all-time in WashU single season history. Kelly Manning's 2004-05 total of 58 ranks seventh, while Kathryn Berger's 62 (2010-11) ranks sixth.