By Becca Tarter
Athletic Communications Intern
Bloomington, Ill., Feb. 8, 2020 – The Washington University in St. Louis men's and women's indoor track and field team combined to win nine event titles at the Keck DIII Select Invitational Saturday at Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington, Ill.
The third-ranked women's team ran away with the meet with 120.33 points, while host Illinois Wesleyan came in second with 80 points. The No. 10 men's team had 105 points, putting them well ahead second-place Millikin with 70 points.
Freshman Marcus-Jay Wilkes re-broke the school record in the 60-meter dash with a time of 6.95 to highlight the men's team. Senior Greig Dimailig recorded the fifth-fastest time in D3 with a PR of 49.28 in the 400-meter run.
On the women's side, junior Sophie Grigaux is now ranked 12th in DIII with her time of 2:17.73 in the 800-meter run. The women's 4x400m relay of sophomore Alicia Gupte, junior Josephine Simon, Grigaux and senior Sara Mesiano ran a season-best of 4:00.49 to place first and is now 11th in DIII.
Sophie Grigaux - 800m - 2:17.73
Annemarie Michael - 1-Mile - 5:22.88 - PR
Megan Girmscheid - 3000m - 10:23.01 - PR
Zi'Onay Walker - Triple Jump- 38-00.75
4x400 Meter Relay- Alicia Gupte, Josephine Simon, Sara Mesiano, Sophie Grigaux - 4:00.49
Marcus-Jay Wilkes – 60m - 6.95 - School Record
Gio Alfred – 60m Hurdles - 8.19
Matt Moore- Long Jump - 6.95m - PR
4x400 M Relay – John Harry Wagner, Marcus-Jay Wilkes, Greig Dimailig, Arthur Santoro - 3:22.55
- The women's one-mile was swept by senior Annemarie Michael, followed by senior Payton Fors (5:23.94) and freshman Anna Karner (5:27.94).
- Junior Megan Girmscheid took the women's 3000m followed by junior Katie Snodgrass (10:29.41) and freshman Ella Behrens (10:33.28).
- Sophomore Jordyn Bunning had a PR in the 60m Hurdles (9.30)
- Freshman Mycah Clay had a PR in the 60m (8.02).
- Junior Elle Hansen had a PR in the 400m (1.00.65).
- Senior Caira Watson-Haynes had a PR in the 200m (26.95).
- Senior Daelen Morris had a PR in the Weight Throw (14.06m).
UP NEXT: WashU returns to action on Saturday, Feb. 15, at the Midwest Elite in Whitewater, Wis.