St. Louis, Mo., April 10, 2019 – Senior Konrad Kozlowski notched a pair of victories to become the 21st member of the 100-win club as the No. 8-ranked Washington University in St. Louis men's tennis team posted a 5-2 win at NCAA Division II University of Missouri-St. Louis Wednesday.
WashU won its fifth-straight match to improve to 12-4, while UMSL fell to 11-5.
1. Konrad Kozlowski/Bernardo Neves (WASHUM) def. Adrian Lessing/Karl Heinrichs (UMSLM) 6-3
2. Ben-Hur Kasprzak/Vitor Monteiro (UMSLM) def. Ethan Hillis/Benjamin van der Sman (WASHUM) 6-4
3. J.J. Kroot/Daniel Li (WASHUM) def. Rob White/Milan Kovacs (UMSLM) 7-5
1. #6 Ethan Hillis (WASHUM) def. Ben-Hur Kasprzak (UMSLM) 6-3, 2-6, 6-4
2. #32 Bernardo Neves (WASHUM) def. Vitor Monteiro (UMSLM) 6-4, 1-6, 6-2
3. Adrian Lessing (UMSLM) def. Daniel Li (WASHUM) 7-6, 6-1
4. Benjamin van der Sman (WASHUM) def. Karl Heinrichs (UMSLM) 6-4, 3-6, 7-5
5. Konrad Kozlowski (WASHUM) def. Rob White (UMSLM) 7-6, 6-4
6. Nathan Pinto (UMSLM) def. Koki Takabatake (WASHUM) 6-3, 6-3
• Kozlowski is 101-52 in his four-year career
• WashU is 14-2 this season at No. 4 singles
• Kozlowski has won nine-straight singles matches
• Neves picked up career win number 125, 13th most in school history
• Kozlowski's doubles win was the 75th of his career, 10th most in school history
WashU takes on No. 14 Case Western Reserve University at 9 a.m. on Saturday at Homewood-Flossmoor High School in Flossmoor, Ill.