Altamonte Springs, Fla., April 28, 2018– No. 4 seed Washington University in St. Louis used a doubles sweep to propel the Bears to a 6-3 win over No. 3 seed Carnegie Mellon University in the third-match of the 2018 University Athletic Association (UAA) Men's Tennis Championship Saturday in Altamonte Springs, Fla.
WashU concluded regular-season play with a 15-8 record, while Carnegie Mellon dropped to 14-7.
1.#12 Jason Haugen/Konrad Kozlowski (WASHUM) def. #15 Daniel Levine/Chaz Downing (CMUM) 8-5
2. Radha Vishnubhotla/Bernardo Neves (WASHUM) def. Ray Boppana/Jeffrey Chen (CMUM) 9-8 (8-6)
3. Johnny Wu/Benjamin vander Sman (WASHUM) def. Nicholas Calzolano/Ben Ash (CMUM) 8-2
1. #2 Daniel Levine (CMUM) def. Johnny Wu (WASHUM) 7-6 (7-5), 6-2
2. Bernardo Neves (WASHUM) def. Chaz Downing (CMUM) 6-3, 6-0
3. #20 Ray Boppana (CMUM) def. Benjamin vander Sman (WASHUM) 6-1, 6-0
4. Kailas Shekar (CMUM) def. Jason Haugen (WASHUM) 6-4, 6-3
5. Daniel Li (WASHUM) def. Robert Levin (CMUM) 6-3, 6-4
6. J.J. Kroot (WASHUM) def. Joshua Pinckney (CMUM) 6-2, 6-2
• The Bears swept doubles play for the ninth time this season
• WashU is 9-8 this season against nationally-ranked opponents
• The victory for Kozlowski was the 70thof his career
• CMU (No. 9) and WashU (No. 10) are both ranked in the top-10 nationally
• Wu is four victories shy of 100 for his career
• Neves is eight wins shy of 100 for his career
• The singles victory for Neves' was the 50thof his career
• The ranked win for Haugen and Kozlowski was their fourth of the season
The 2018 NCAA Division III Men's Tennis Championship bracket will be announced Monday, May 7, at 11 a.m. The Bears are seeking their 19th-straight NCAA Tournament appearance and 20thoverall.