Altamonte Springs, Fla., April 26, 2018 – No. 4 seed Washington University in St. Louis dominated singles play as the Bears posted a 5-4 win over No. 5 seed Brandeis University in the quarterfinals of the 2018 University Athletic Association (UAA) Men's Tennis Championship Thursday in Altamonte Springs, Fla.
WashU won its third-straight match to improve to 14-7, while Brandeis fell to 13-4.
1. #12 Jason Haugen/Konrad Kozlowski (WASHUM) def. #9 David Aizenberg/Anupreeth Coramutla (BRM) 8-4
2. Jackson Kogan/Tyler Ng (BRM) def. Bernardo Neves/Radha Vishnubhotla (WASHUM) 8-5
3. Nikhil Das/Rajan Vohra (BRM) def. Benjamin van der Sman/Johnny Wu (WASHUM) 8-5
1. Johnny Wu (WASHUM) def. David Aizenberg (BRM) 6-1, 6-2
2. Bernardo Neves (WASHUM) def. Jackson Kogan (BRM) 6-0, 6-2
3. Rajan Vohra (BRM) def. Benjamin van der Sman (WASHUM) 6-3, 3-6, 6-1
4. Nikhil Das (BRM) def. Jason Haugen (WASHUM) 6-2, 2-6, 6-2
5. Daniel Li (WASHUM) def. Tyler Ng (BRM) 6-3, 6-1
6. J.J. Kroot (WASHUM) def. Zach Cihlar (BRM) 6-4, 6-3
• WashU advanced to the UAA semifinals for the 23rd-straight year
• The Bears trailed after doubles play for the eighth time this season
• WashU (No. 10) and Brandeis (No. 17) are both ranked in the top-20 nationally
• Wu is six victories shy of 100 for his career
• WashU is 8-7 this season against nationally-ranked opponents
• The ranked win for Haugen and Kozlowski was their second of the season
• Roger Follmer has guided WashU to 14 or more wins in 16-straight seasons
• Haugen moved into 18thplace on the all-time wins list (109)
WashU takes on top-seeded and No. 2-ranked Emory University in the UAA Semifinals Friday at 2 p.m. (ET). The teams have not met since April 23, 2017, an 8-1 win by Emory in the UAA Championship match.