Springfield, Mo., March 25, 2018 – Head coach Roger Follmer picked up career win number 300 as the No. 9-ranked Washington University in St. Louis men's tennis team rallied from a doubles deficit to upset NCAA Division II No. 9 Drury University Sunday in Springfield, Mo.
WashU improved to 8-6 with the win, while Drury suffered its second-straight defeat and fell to 10-3.
1. Sebastien Amato/Leonardo Cerri (DU) def. Konrad Kozlowski/Benjamin van der Sman (WASHUM) 9-8
2. Radha Vishnubhotla/Bernardo Neves (WASHUM) def. Nico Hadeler/Lukas Stierling (DU) 8-6
3. Augustin Diot/Sacha Mourier (DU) def. Koki Takabatake/Mark Wu (WASHUM) 8-6
1. Johnny Wu (WASHUM) def. Nico Hadeler (DU) 6-7, 6-3, 6-3
2. Bernardo Neves (WASHUM) def. Sebastien Amato (DU) 6-1, 2-6, 6-2
3. Benjamin van der Sman (WASHUM) def. Sacha Mourier (DU) 6-4, 6-0
4. Lukas Stierling (DU) def. J.J. Kroot (WASHUM) 6-4, 4-6, 6-4
5. Radha Vishnubhotla (WASHUM) def. Paul Porcher (DU) 5-7, 6-3, 6-3
6. Koki Takabatake (WASHUM) def. Leonardo Cerri (DU) 6-1, 6-3
• WashU trailed after doubles play for the fourth-straight match
• Neves is undefeated this season in singles in dual matches (13-0)
• The Bears are 5-6 against nationally ranked opponents this season
• Follmer is 300-97 (.756) in 17 seasons on the Danforth Campus
WashU hosts NCAA Division II Northwest Missouri State University on Saturday, March 31, at 3 p.m.