O'Fallon, Ill., April 30, 2017 – The No. 4-ranked Washington University in St. Louis men's tennis team posted a 9-0 win over Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference (HCAC) champion Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in its final regular-season match of the season Sunday at St. Clair Tennis in O'Fallon., Ill.
WashU improved to 16-4 with the win, while Rose-Hulman had its six-match win streak snapped and fell to 17-8.
1. #23 Jason Haugen/Konrad Kozlowski (WASHU) def. Georges Adam/Brandon Benedict (RHIT-M) 8-5
2. Bernardo Neves/Radha Vishnubhotla (WASHU) def. Cam Metzger/Andre Adam (RHIT-M) 8-5
3. Jeremy Bush/John Carswell (WASHU) def. Brendan Goldacker/Austin Perry (RHIT-M) 8-0
1. #43 Johnny Wu (WASHU) def. Georges Adam (RHIT-M) 7-5, 6-3
2. Jason Haugen (WASHU) def. Brandon Benedict (RHIT-M) 6-4, 6-3
3. Bernardo Neves (WASHU) def. Cam Metzger (RHIT-M) 7-5, 6-2
4. J.J. Kroot (WASHU) def. Andre Adam (RHIT-M) 6-2, 6-1
5. Shaun Berman (WASHU) def. Andrew Schiffman (RHIT-M) 6-1, 6-2
6. Radha Vishnubhotla (WASHU) def. Brendan Goldacker (RHIT-M) 6-0, 6-1
• WashU swept doubles play for the seventh time this season.
• The Bears are 6-0 this season and 119-5 in the last 13 years on their home court.
• Kroot has won nine-straight singles matches and is 11-4 this season.
• Carswell is three wins shy of 100 for his career.
• The win for head coach Roger Follmer was the 290th of his career.
Up Next: The NCAA bracket will be announced Monday, May 8, at 11 a.m., while the individual qualifiers will be announced Wednesday, May 10 at 6 p.m.