Altamonte Springs, Fla., April 23, 2017 – The No. 6-ranked Washington University in St. Louis men's tennis team could not overcome a doubles sweep as the Bears suffered an 8-1 loss to No. 2 Emory University in the finals of the 2017 University Athletic Association (UAA) Championship Sunday in Altamonte Springs, Fla.
Emory, who won its 26th conference title in the 30-year history of the UAA Championships, improved to 17-4. WashU fell to 15-4.
1. #18 James Spaulding/Scott Rubinstein (EUM) def. #23 Jason Haugen/Konrad Kozlowski (WASHU) 8-4
2. Max Renke/Adrien Bouchet (EUM) def. Jeremy Bush/J.J. Kroot (WASHU) 8-4
3. #1 David Omsky/Jonathan Jemison (EUM) def. Bernardo Neves/Radha Vishnubhotla (WASHU) 9-7
1. #1 1 Aman Manji (EUM) def. #43 Johnny Wu (WASHU) 6-0, 6-4
2. #10 Jonathan Jemison (EUM) def. #34 John Carswell (WASHU) 6-1, 6-4
3. Adrien Bouchet (EUM) def. Bernardo Neves (WASHU) 7-5, 6-4
4. Alec Josepher (EUM) def. Jeremy Bush (WASHU) 6-4, 2-6, 6-2
5. J.J. Kroot (WASHU) def. Josh Goodman (EUM) 7-6 (7-4), 6-2
6. Scott Rubinstein (EUM) def. Shaun Berman (WASHU) 7-5, 6-4
• WashU is 13-3 against ranked teams this season.
• The Bears were swept in doubles for the first time all season.
• Kroot has won eighth-straight singles matches and is 6-0 at No. 5 singles.
• Kroot's win was the 25th of his career.
• WashU was making its 12th-straight UAA championship match appearance.
Up Next: The Bears close out regular-season play on Sunday, April 30, against Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology. Doubles play starts at Noon.