Greencastle, Ind., March 25, 2017 – Senior Jeremy Bush returned to the singles starting lineup for the first time this season and made an immediate impact as the No. 6-ranked Washington University in St. Louis men's tennis team rallied from a doubles deficit for a 6-3 win at No. 35 DePauw University Saturday in Greencastle, Ind.
Bush picked up a straight-set 6-3, 6-1 victory over Nate Wallace at No. 6 singles to pick his the 116th victory of his career, moving into a tie for 15th in school history.
WashU won its fourth-straight match to improve to 8-3, while DePauw fell to 4-5.
1. Patrick Farrell/John Daseke (DPUM) def. #23 Jason Haugen/Konrad Kozlowski (WASHU) 8-5
2. Dan Rodefeld/Matt Santen (DPUM) def. Jeremy Bush/J.J. Kroot (WASHU) 9-8 (7-2)
3. Radha Vishnubhotla/Bernardo Neves (WASHU) def. Nate Wallace/Harold Martin (DPUM) 8-6
1. #43 Johnny Wu (WASHU) def. Dan Rodefeld (DPUM) 7-6 (7-2), 6-7 (5-7), 10-6
2. #34 John Carswell (WASHU) def. Matt Santen (DPUM) 6-2, 6-4
3. Bernardo Neves (WASHU) def. Patrick Farrell (DPUM) 6-1, 6-4
4. Greg Frauenheim (DPUM) def. Robin Engel (WASHU) 7-6 (7-5), 3-6, 12-10
5. J.J. Kroot (WASHU) def. Petar Barcot (DPUM) 6-4, 6-2
6. Jeremy Bush (WASHU) def. Nate Wallace (DPUM) 6-3, 6-1
• Neves and Vishnubhotla remained undefeated (6-0) at No. 3 doubles.
• Carswell is seven wins shy of 100 for his career.
• Carswell has won four-straight singles matches and is 14-5 this season.
Up Next: WashU plays its 11th-straight road match on Saturday, April 1, at NCAA Division II No. 12 Northwest Missouri State University. Match time is set for 3 p.m.