Chicago, Ill., April 10, 2016 – The No. 13-ranked Washington University in St. Louis men's tennis team had its season-long nine-match winning streak snapped with an 8-1 loss to No. 5 University of Chicago Sunday afternoon in the Windy City.
Sophomore Johnny Wu picked up the lone point for WashU, a three-set victory at No. 2 singles.
Chicago snapped a two-match losing streak and improved to 13-3, while WashU fell to 11-3.
Match-by Match Results:
1. Chua, Nicolas/Liu, David (UCM) def. John Carswell/Josh Cogan (WASHU) 8-3
2. Leung, Peter/Pei, Charlie (UCM) def. Konrad Kozlowski/Jason Haugen (WASHU) 8-5
3. Tsai, Luke/Hawkins, Max (UCM) def. Jeremy Bush/Tyler Kratky (WASHU) 8-5
1. Chua, Nicolas (UCM) def. John Carswell (WASHU) 6-7 (7-9), 6-4, 6-4
2. Johnny Wu (WASHU) def. Pei, Charlie (UCM) 6-2, 3-6, 6-2
3. Liu, David (UCM) def. Tyler Kratky (WASHU) 7-5, 6-2
4. Kranz, Sven (UCM) def. Jeremy Bush (WASHU) 7-6 (7-5), 4-6, 6-3
5. Leung, Peter (UCM) def. Jason Haugen (WASHU) 6-1, 4-6, 6-3
6. Tsai, Luke (UCM) def. Jake Klein (WASHU) 6-1, 6-1
• WashU was swept in doubles for the second time this season.
• WashU is 6-3 against nationally ranked teams this season.
• Kratky had his nine-match win streak snapped in singles.
Up Next: WashU closes out regular-season play by hosting four-straight home matches. The Bears take on No. 16-ranked University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Friday at 4 p.m.