San Antonio, Texas, April 2, 2016 – The No. 13-ranked Washington University in St. Louis men's tennis team picked up its biggest win of the season recording a 6-3 victory at No. 12 Trinity University (Texas) Saturday in San Antonio, Texas.
WashU extended its winning streak to six matches and improved to 8-2, while Trinity had its two-match win streak snapped and fell to 11-9.
Match-by Match Results:
1. Paxton Deuel/Matt Tyer (TUM) def. John Carswell/Josh Cogan (WASHU) 8-5
2. Jason Haugen/Konrad Kozlowski (WASHU) def. Clayton Niess/Chas Mayer (TUM) 8-6
3. Tyler Kratky/Jeremy Bush (WASHU) def. Wilson Lambeth/Eliot Guin (TUM) 8-4
1. Paxton Deuel (TUM) def. John Carswell (WASHU) 1-6, 6-1, 7-5
2. Chas Mayer (TUM) def. Johnny Wu (WASHU) 6-4, 5-7, 14-12
3. Tyler Kratky (WASHU) def. Wilson Lambeth (TUM) 6-2, 6-1
4. Jason Haugen (WASHU) def. Matt Tyer (TUM) 6-1, 7-6
5. Josh Cogan (WASHU) def. Clayton Niess (TUM) 6-7, 7-6, 13-11
6. Radha Vishnubhotla (WASHU) def. Eliot Guin (TUM) 6-3, 6-1
• WashU led after doubles play for the eighth time this season.
• Carswell lost for the first time this season in a dual match in singles.
• The Bears are 9-1 at No. 2 doubles this season in dual matches.
• WashU is 4-2 against teams ranked in the top-40.
• Kratky has won six-straight single matches.
Up Next: WashU plays it second match of the day against Hardin-Simmons University at 3 p.m.