San Antonio, Texas, April 1, 2016 – Senior Tyler Kratky posted a straight-set singles win to become the 17th member of the Washington University's 100-win club as the No. 13 men's tennis team posted a 7-2 victory over No. 19 Gustavus Adolphus College Friday in San Antonio, Texas.
Kratky has compiled an overall record 100-50 in four seasons on the Danforth Campus – 61-28 in singles and 39-22 in doubles.
"It's definitely a good feeling to get the 100th win, but more importantly we started off our weekend with a decisive win over a top-ranked team," Kratky said. "We have a big month ahead of us and a lot of great opportunities to show all the tough work we have put in. Looking forward to bringing back some more wins to STL. Proud to be a Bear!"
WashU extended its winning streak to five matches and improved to 7-2, while Gustavus Adolphus lost its third-straight match and fell to 14-6.
Match-by Match Results:
1. Josh Cogan/John Carswell (WASHU) def. #11 Mohanad Alhouni/Andres Saenz (GAC) 8-4
2. Jason Haugen/Konrad Kozlowski (WASHU) def. Zach Ekstein/Tommy Entwistle (GAC) 8-1
3. Mitch Elofson/David Hagberg (GAC) def. Tyler Kratky/Jeremy Bush (WASHU) 9-7
1. John Carswell (WASHU) def. #4 Mohanad Alhouni (GAC) 6-1, 6-3
2. Andres Saenz (GAC) def. Johnny Wu (WASHU) 7-5, 6-2
3. Tyler Kratky (WASHU) def. Zach Ekstein (GAC) 6-0, 6-2
4. Jason Haugen (WASHU) def. Mitch Elofson (GAC) 6-4, 6-1
5. Jake Klein (WASHU) def. Tommy Entwistle (GAC) 7-5, 6-2
6. Josh Cogan (WASHU) def. Chase Johnson (GAC) 7-6 (7-3), 6-2
• WashU led after doubles play for the seventh time this season.
• Carswell is undefeated (8-0) in singles in dual matches.
• The Bears are 8-1 at No. 2 doubles this season in dual matches.
• WashU is 3-2 against teams ranked in the top-40.
• The victory for Carswell was the 80th of his career.
Up Next: WashU plays two matches on Saturday, April 2 against No. 12 Trinity University (Texas) at 9 a.m. and Hardin-Simmons University at 3 p.m.