Cleveland, Ohio Feb. 19, 2016 – The No. 3-ranked Washington University in St. Louis men's tennis team suffered a 6-3 loss to No. 14-ranked Case Western Reserve University in the opening round of the 2016 ITA Division III National Team Indoor Championship Friday at Cleveland Racquet Club in Cleveland.
Case improved to 2-0 with the win, while WashU fell to 2-1.
Match-by Match Results:
1. CJ Krimbill/Louis Stuerke (Case) def. Josh Cogan/Tyler Kratky (WashU) 8-4
2. Jeremy Bush/Konrad Kozlowski (WashU) def. Adam Collins/Freddy Daum (Case) 9-7
3. James Fojtasek/Phil Grubert (Case) def. Shaun Berman/Radha Vishnubhotla 8-3
1. CJ Krimbill (Case) def. Jeremy Bush (WashU) 6-3, 6-2
2. Johnny Wu (WashU) def. James Fojtasek (Case) 6-4, 6-3
3. Robert Stroup (Case) def. Tyler Kratky (WashU) 6-7, 6-4, 6-3
4. John Carswell (WashU) def. Louis Stuerke (Case) 6-1, 6-0
5. Kevin Dong (Case) def. Jake Klein (WashU) 6-4, 6-3
6. Joshua Dughi (Case) def. Shaun Berman (WashU) 6-2, 6-2
• The victory for Carswell was the 60th of his career.
• The Bears trailed after doubles play for the first time this season.
• WashU was playing without sophomore Jason Haugen, a second-team all-UAA selection in 2015
• Case is the host for the second time in the past three years
Up Next: WashU takes on No. 5-ranked Trinity University Saturday at 9 a.m. (ET) in the semifinals of the loser's bracket. Trinity is the defending ITA National Champion, and dropped a 6-3 decision to No. 8 University of Chicago in the opening round.