Altamonte Springs, Fla. April 24, 2015 – No. 2 seed Washington University in St. Louis used a doubles sweep to propel the Bears past No. 7 seed University of Rochester 8-1 in the quarterfinals of the 2015 University Athletic Association (UAA) Men's Tennis Championship Friday morning at Sanlando Park in Altamonte Springs, Fla.
Fifth-ranked Washington U. extended its winning streak to five matches to improve to 17-4, 1-0 in the UAA, while No. 40-ranked Rochester dropped to 8-9, 0-1 in the UAA.
1. Jeremy Bush/Ross Putterman (WASHUM) def. Ian Baranowski/Aaron Mevorach (URM) 8-6
2. Jason Haugen/Kevin Chu (WASHUM) def. Julian Danko/Sam Leeman (URM) 8-4
3. Josh Cogan/Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) def. Jonny Baker/Ben Shapiro (URM) 8-1
1. John Carswell (WASHUM) def. Ian Baranowski (URM) 6-4, 6-4
2. #37 Ross Putterman (WASHUM) def. Ben Shapiro (URM) 6-2, 7-5
3. Jonny Baker (URM) def. #45 Jeremy Bush (WASHUM) 1-6, 6-2, 10-4
4. #14 Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) def. Julian Danko (URM) 6-3, 6-3
5. #26 Johnny Wu (WASHUM) def. Aaron Mevorach (URM) 6-2, 6-2
6. #48 Kevin Chu (WASHUM) def. Sam Leeman (URM) 6-1, 6-1
• WashU is in the semifinals of the UAA Championship for the 20th-straight year.
• The Bears are 13-4 against nationally ranked teams this season, including 2-0 against Rochester.
• Senior Kevin Chu has won seven-straight singles matches and is 9-1 in the last 10.
• With two wins, Chu moved into 15th on the all-time wins list with 109.
• Freshman Jason Haugen and Chu won their fifth-straight match at No. 2 doubles to improve to 15-5.
• The Bears are 18-2 at No. 4 and No. 6 singles this season.
• WashU has swept doubles play seven times in 2015.
Up Next: WashU advances to the UAA semifinals to take on No. 3 seed and 10th-ranked Carnegie Mellon University Saturday, April 25, at 2 p.m. (ET).