St. Louis, Mo., April 18, 2015 – The No. 5-ranked Washington University in St. Louis men's tennis team celebrated Senior Day with an 8-1 victory over No. 36-ranked Coe College Saturday morning at the Tao Tennis Center in St. Louis.
With the win, head coach Roger Follmer picked up his 250th career victory. Follmer has guided WashU to a 250-78 (.762) overall record in 14 seasons, including 16 or more wins in 10-straight seasons.
Prior to the match, Washington U. honored its four seniors who played their final regular season match at the Tao Tennis Center: Parker Chang, Kevin Chu, Ross Putterman and Eric Zishka. The Class of 2015 has guided WashU to a 75-22 mark in four seasons, including back-to-back University Athletic Association (UAA) titles and three NCAA Tournament appearances.
Washington U. extended its winning streak to four matches to improve to 16-4, while Coe had its five-match win streak snapped and dropped to 17-5.
1. Jeremy Bush/Ross Putterman (WASHUM) def. #16 Riley Galbraith/Brady Anderson (COEM) 8-5
2. Kevin Chu/Jason Haugen (WASHUM) def. Noah Sprinkel/Ryan Hickman (COEM) 8-2
3. Parker Chang/Eric Zishka (WASHUM) def. Alex Bernt/Chad Moklestad (COEM) 8-3
1. Noah Sprinkel (COEM) def. John Carswell (WASHUM) 6-1, 6-2
2. #37 Ross Putterman (WASHUM) def. Riley Galbraith (COEM) 6-1, 6-0
3. #45 Jeremy Bush (WASHUM) def. Brady Anderson (COEM) 6-2, 7-5
4. #48 Kevin Chu (WASHUM) def. Ryan Hickman (COEM) 6-3, 7-6 (7-3)
5. Shaun Berman (WASHUM) def. Alex Bernt (COEM) 6-1, 6-0
6. Jake Klein (WASHUM) def. Chad Moklestad (COEM) 6-1, 6-1
• The Bears are 12-4 this season against nationally ranked teams.
• WashU is 8-0 at home this season and 100-4 in the last 11 years.
• Freshman Jake Klein remained undefeated in singles (9-0).
• Senior Kevin Chu has won six-straight singles matches and is 9-1 in the last 10.
Up Next: WashU returns to action at the University Athletic Association (UAA) Championship held Friday-Sunday, April 24-26, in Altamonte Springs, Fla.