St. Louis, Mo. April 1, 2015 – The No. 3-ranked Washington University in St. Louis men's tennis remained unbeaten at home with a 9-0 sweep of NCAA Division II University of Missouri-St. Louis Wednesday afternoon at the Dwight Davis Tennis Center in Forest Park.
Washington U. improved to 11-3 with the win, while UMSL fell to 7-6.
1. Ross Putterman/Jeremy Bush (WASHUM) def. Maza Martin, Alberto/Vidaurre, Dario (UMSLM) 8-2
2. Kevin Chu/Jason Haugen (WASHUM) def. McLarty, Tim/Lindal, Kristoffer (UMSLM) 8-2
3. Parker Chang/Josh Cogan (WASHUM) def. Corrales, Irving/Bower, Allan (UMSLM) 8-5
1. John Carswell (WASHUM) def. McLarty, Tim (UMSLM) 6-3, 6-3
2. #37 Ross Putterman (WASHUM) def. Maza Martin, Alberto (UMSLM) 6-2, 6-0
3. #14 Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) def. Vidaurre, Dario (UMSLM) 6-1, 6-0
4. #45 Jeremy Bush (WASHUM) def. Lindal, Kristoffer (UMSLM) 6-1, 6-3
5. #26 Johnny Wu (WASHUM) def. Corrales, Irving (UMSLM) 6-2, 6-2
6. Jason Haugen (WASHUM) def. Bower, Allan (UMSLM) 6-1, 6-2
• Senior Kevin Chu upped his win total to 98, two shy of 100 for his career.
• The Bears swept doubles play for the fifth time this season.
• WashU is 4-0 at home this season and 96-4 in the last 11 years.
• The victory for head coach Roger Follmer was his 245th.
• Follmer improved to 14-2 all-time against UMSL.
• Sophomore Jeremy Bush remained unbeaten at No. 4 singles (7-0).
• WashU is 13-1 at No. 4 and No. 6 singles this season.
• Senior Ross Putterman's two victories pushed his career win total to 140.
Up Next: Washington U. takes on a pair of top-15 opponents on the road at No. 14 Williams College Saturday, April 4 and at No. 5 Amherst College Sunday, April 5.