Altamonte Springs, Fla., April 25, 2014 – No. 1 seed Washington University in St. Louis men's tennis team posted a 7-2 victory over No. 4 seed Case Western Reserve University in the semifinals of the 2014 University Athletic Association (UAA) Men's Tennis Championship Friday afternoon at Sanlando Park in Altamonte Springs, Fla.
Washington University (18-2) takes on No. 3 seed and ninth-ranked Carnegie Mellon University in the UAA Championship match Saturday, April 26, at 9 a.m. (ET). Carnegie Mellon used a doubles sweep to upset No. 2 seed and fourth-ranked Emory University 6-3 in the second semifinal.
|1. #44 Christopher Krimbill (CASEM) def. Ross Putterman (WASHUM) 6-2, 6-0|
|2. #42 John Carswell (WASHUM) def. #48 Will Drougas (CASEM) 6-0, 7-6 (7-5)|
|3. #26 Jeremy Bush (WASHUM) def. Eric Klawitter (CASEM) 6-3, 1-6, 10-4|
|4. Tim Noack (WASHUM) def. Derek Reinbold (CASEM) 7-6 (7-4), 7-5|
|5. Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) def. James Fojtasek (CASEM) 6-1, 7-5|
|6. Kevin Chu (WASHUM) def. John Healey (CASEM) 6-3, 6-4|
|1. #3 Ross Putterman/Jeremy Bush (WASHUM) def. Christopher Krimbill/Eric Klawitter (CASEM) 8-4|
|2. John Carswell/Josh Cogan (WASHUM) def. John Healey/Will Drougas (CASEM) 8-4|
|3. James Fojtasek/Louis Stuerke (CASEM) def. Kevin Chu/Jeffrey Hirsh (WASHUM) 8-5|
• Washington U. is in the UAA championship match for the ninth-straight season.
• Case Western is ranked No. 10 in the ITA Top-30 Poll, while Washington U. entered the match No. 2.
• Washington. U. is 12-1 against nationally ranked team this season.
• Freshman John Carswell has won 15-straight singles matches and is 15-0 at No. 2 singles.
• Sophomore Josh Cogan and Carswell each picked up their 40th career win Friday.
• Head coach Roger Follmer improved to 6-1 all-time against Case Western Reserve.