No. 2 Men’s Tennis Celebrates Senior Day With Sweep of Westminster
St. Louis, Mo., April 15, 2014 – The No. 2-ranked Washington University in St. Louis men's tennis team celebrated Senior Day with 9-0 win over Westminster College Monday afternoon at the Tao Tennis Center in St. Louis.
The win for Washington U. was its sixth-straight and improved its overall record to 16-2. Westminster dropped to 3-9 with the loss. Prior to the match the Bears honored its four seniors: Naveen Chadalavada, Max Franklin, Jeffrey Hirsh and Tim Noack.
|1. Tim Noack (WASHUM) def. Tyler Wollmershauser (WCMT) 6-0, 6-0|
|2. Naveen Chadalavada (WASHUM) def. Alec Belden (WCMT) 6-2, 6-0|
|3. Jeffrey Hirsh (WASHUM) def. Nathan Connell (WCMT) 6-0, 6-1|
|4. Collier Bouchillon (WASHUM) def. Kyle Collins (WCMT) 6-1, 6-1|
|5. Parker Chang (WASHUM) def. Scott Strough (WCMT) 6-0, 6-0|
|6. Eric Zishka (WASHUM) def. Reese Hicks (WCMT) 6-0, 6-0|
|1. Jeffrey Hirsh/Ross Putterman (WASHUM) def. Tyler Wollmershauser/Alec Belden (WCMT) 8-0|
|2. Max Franklin/Naveen Chadalavada (WASHUM) def. Nathan Connell/Justin Wollmershause (WCMT) 8-0|
|3. Tim Noack/Parker Chang (WASHUM) def. Kyle Collins/Scott Strough (WCMT) 8-2|
• The Class of 2014 has recorded a 74-23 (.763) record in four seasons on the Danforth Campus.
• Washington U. is 91-4 at the Tao Tennis Center in the last 10 years and 118-9 all-time under head coach Roger Follmer.
• Senior Tim Noack played No. 1 singles for the first time in his career and is now 18 wins shy of 100.
• Senior Jeffrey Hirsh remained undefeated in singles play (13-0) in his career.
• Senior Max Franklin's doubles win was the 40th of his career.
Up Next: Washington U. concludes its regular-season at the 2014 UAA Championship Friday-Sunday, April 25-27 in Altamonte Springs, Fla.