No. 1 Men’s Tennis Defeats Rochester 7-2 For Fifth-Straight Win
Claremont, Calif., March 10, 2014 – The No. 1-ranked Washington University in St. Louis men's tennis team opened its 2014 Spring Break trip with a 7-2 victory over the University of Rochester Monday afternoon in Claremont, Calif.
The win for the Bears was there fifth-straight and first since winning the 2014 ITA Indoor National Championship in February.
Washington University (7-1) continues play on the West Coast against No. 11 Bowdoin College Tuesday, March 11, at 10:30 a.m. (PT)
1. Ross Putterman (WASHUM) def. Ben Shapiro (UR) 6-2, 6-2
2. #26 Jeremy Bush (WASHUM) def. Jonny Baker (UR) 6-0, 6-1
3. Julian Danko (UR) def. Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) 7-6 (10-8), 6-2
4. Kevin Chu (WASHUM) def. Boris Borovcanin (UR) 6-0, 6-4
5. Naveen Chadalavada (WASHUM) def. Tony Zhao (UR) 6-1, 6-3
6. Ian Baranowski (UR) def. Max Franklin (WASHUM) 6-2, 1-6, 6-3
1. John Carswell/Josh Cogan (WASHUM) def. Johnny Baker/Julian Danko (UR) 8-4
2. Jeffrey Hirsch/Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) def. Boris Borovcanin/Ben Shapiro (UR) 8-2
3. Naveen Chadalavada/Tim Noack (WASHUM) def. Tony Zhao/Ian Baranowski (UR) 8-3
• Junior Ross Putterman upped his career win total to 96, four shy of entering the 100-victory club.
• The victory for head coach Roger Follmer was the 220th of his career.
• The Bears swept doubles play for just the second time in eight matches.