Wednesday, April 12 - Sauget, Ill. (GCS Ballpark)
Game #22: vs. Webster (16-7) Wednesday 7 p.m.
Live Video: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/wustl/
Live Stats: http://bearsports-livestats.wustl.edu/baseball/xlive.htm
Fri.-Sun., April 14-16 - Cleveland, Ohio (Nobby's Ballpark)
Game #23-26: vs. Case Western (15-12)
Live Video: http://athletics.case.edu/sports/bsb/live
Live Stats: http://athletics.case.edu/sports/bsb/2016-17/boxscores/20170414_2pl2.xml
Download full game notes HERE (PDF).
• WEBSTER MATCHUP After last week's single game was postponed due to weather, WashU travels to Sauget, Ill. to face Webster University (16-7) on Wednesday. The Gorloks have won five straight heading into the contest, while WashU enters the game with a nine-game winning streak.
• CASE SERIES WashU travels to Case Western (15-12) for its second University Athletic Association (UAA) series of the season. The Bears lead the UAA with a 4-0 record while Case Western is in second place with a 9-3 mark in conference play. WashU holds a 37-22 advantage in the school's histories of playing each other, including a 13-2 victory last season.
• NATIONAL TEAM OF THE WEEK Senior pitchers Brad Margolin and Jake Mintz were named to D3baseball.com's National Team of the Week on April 4. Margolin threw a one-hit shutout against at the time No. 10 Emory to set the tone of a four-game sweep for WashU. Margolin struck out nine batters while walking just one. Mintz earned two of the series four victories out of the bullpen. He struck out seven batters in 5 1/3 innings pitched while holding the Eagles off the scoreboard.
• STREAK TO REMEMBER Senior Ben Browdy's hitting streak concluded at 37-straight games during the first game of April 1st's doubleheader. However the Deerfield, Ill.-native extended his consecutive game reaching base streak to 40 games which trails two players for the all-time school record. Zack Kessinger leads the WashU record book by reaching base in 54 consecutive games while Max Golembo is second with a 43-game streak.
• TOP-25 POLL STANDINGS After the Bears swept Emory in a four-game series and won their ninth straight, WashU was rewarded with the 16th spot in D3baseball.com's top-25 ranking and No. 16 in the American Baseball Coaches Association (ABCA) DIII Poll.
• SETTING THE TABLE Junior Auggie Mense leads the Bears in on-base percentage (.553) and runs scored (24). He leads the UAA in OBP and is tied for the lead in walks (22) despite playing in 11 fewer games than Emory's Wilson Morgan.
• HEART OF THE ORDER The heart of WashU's order Ben Browdy, Christian Santos and John Brinkman have all knocked in more than 20 runs. Browdy leads the team with 25 followed by Brinkman (22) and Santos (21).
• PITCHING DEPTH Currently the Bears possess eight pitchers with ERAs below 4.00: Jake Mintz (0.44), John Brinkman (1.80), Scott Nelson (2.67), Bill Heisler (2.70), Brad Margolin (2.76), John Howard (2.83), Matt Clohisy (3.38) and Zack Kotin (3.46).