vs. No. 10 Emory University (19-7, 2-2 UAA) – Fri.-Sun., Mar. 31-Apr. 2
Live Video: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/wustl/
Live Stats: http://bearsports-livestats.wustl.edu/baseball/xlive.htm
Live Audio: http://kwur.com/
Download the complete WASHU game notes by clicking HERE (PDF).
• WEEKEND SERIES WashU hosts No. 10 Emory University (19-7) on the weekend. It is the Bears opening University Athletic Association (UAA) series of the year. The Eagles were previously ranked No. 1 on the season after starting the year 11-0, but Emory is 2-5 of late including a split four-game series between Case Western Reserve University.
• FOR THE RECORDS Senior Ben Browdy has extended his hitting streak to a new school record, 36-games, and is currently tied for the 15th longest hitting streak in Division III history. The longest consecutive streak was 60-games set by Damian Costantino of Salve Regina from April 1, 2001 - March 10, 2003.
• LIGHTS OUT MINTZ Relief pitcher Jake Mintz has been nearly unhittable during his senior campaign and he continued his torrid pace with a four-inning save and his second win of the season last week. He did not allow a run in 5.2 innings pitched while entering into two highly stressful moments. Against Greenville he entered a game with two runners on base with one out, and maintained the WashU lead pitching the final four innings for his first collegiate save. He followed the save with his second win of the season, entering a 2-2 contest against Illinois Wesleyan with an inherited runner on third base and one out. He escaped the inning and the Bears offense responded with three runs in the eighth before Mintz closed the door with a perfect one-two-three ninth. Mintz has thrown a career-high 15 innings this season while posting a 0.60 ERA with 13 strikeouts, allowing five hits.
• SETTING THE TABLE Auggie Mense leads the Bears in on-base percentage (.588) and runs scored (20). The Clayton, Mo.-native has scored multiple runs in four straight Bears victories while batting 6-for-10. During that four-game stretch the sophomore outfielder has also worked his way to six walks and a hit-by-pitch. Mense leads the UAA in walks (18) and OBP.
• EMORY PITCHING Billy Dimlow was named UAA Pitcher of the Week for the fourth time this season. Dimlow earned his fifth win of the season by throwing eight shutout innings, allowing six hits and striking out eight to beat Case Western. The Eagles have the top three strikeout leaders within the UAA in Dimlow (60), Jackson Weeg (52) and Kyle Monk (41). Monk earned multiple honors last season with the NCAA Elite 90 award, D3baseball.com honorable mention All-American and CoSIDA Academic First Team All-American honors. Emory has four shutouts on the season which ranks second nationally.
• EMORY BATTING The Eagles offense has five batters with 10 RBIs or more: Jeff Ronpirin (29), Bubby Terp (20), Brian Hernandez (19), Wilson Morgan (13) and Philip Maldari (11). The Eagles have outscored their opponents 181-139. Emory's 122 walks lead the UAA and are second in Division III.