No. 11 Washington University Women's Tennis Drops Match at No. 6 Chicago
Chicago, Ill., April 15, 2012 - The No. 11-ranked Washington University in St. Louis women's tennis team had it's three-match winning streak come to an end in an 8-1 loss at No. 6 University of Chicago on Sunday.
Chicago (16-4) swept all three doubles matches, before winning five of six singles matches for the win. Sophomore Corinne Rauck won at No. 6 singles for Washington U. (12-5) to give the Bears their only victory of the match. The Maroons defeated Washington U., 5-0, at the Midwest Invitational on April 7 in Madison, Wis.
1. Kendra Higgins/Carmen Vaca Guzman (CHICAGO) def. Kate Klein/Corinne Rauck (WASHU) 8-4
2. Linden Li/Jennifer Kung (CHICAGO) def. Natalie Tingir/Theresa Petraskova (WASHU) 8-5
3. Kelsey McGillis/Megan Tang (CHICAGO) def. Paige Madara/Betsy Edershile (WASHU) 8-4
1. Kendra Higgins (CHICAGO) def. Natalie Tingir (WASHU) 6-2, 6-2
2. Jennifer Kung (CHICAGO) def. Kate Klein (WASHU) 6-4, 7-5
3. Carmen Vaca Guzman (CHICAGO) def. Theresa Petraskova (WASHU) 6-2, 6-3
4. Linden Li (CHICAGO) def. Paige Madara (WASHU) 3-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-5)
5. Megan Tang (CHICAGO) def. Betsy Edershile (WASHU) 6-0, 6-3
6. Corinne Rauck (WASHU) def. Maggie Schumann (CHICAGO) 6-4, 6-3
• All five of Washington U.'s losses this season have come against teams currently ranked in the top-12 in Division III, including two losses to the Maroons.
Washington U. returns home to host Webster University at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, April 17, at the Tao Tennis Center.