Men’s Tennis Rolls Past #30 Coe 5-0 in NCAA Second Round
Whitewater, Wis., May 12, 2012 – No. 15 ranked Washington University in St. Louis posted a 5-0 victory over No. 30 ranked Coe College in the second round of the NCAA Division III Men’s Tennis Championship on Saturday in Whitewater, Wis.
1. #3 Adam Putterman (WASHU) vs. Noah Sprinkel (COEM) 2-6, 2-5, unfinished
2. Gary Parizher (WASHU) vs. Victor Khristenko (COEM) 6-1, 4-4, unfinished
3. #25 Ross Putterman (WASHU) def. Sean Stokstad (COEM) 6-1, 6-2
4. Kareem Farah (WASHU) def. Jeff Damisch (COEM) 6-1, 6-0
5. Parker Chang (WASHU) vs. Curtis Newman (COEM) 6-1, 5-0, unfinished
6. Tim Noack (WASHU) vs. Jonathan Roger (COEM) 6-3, 2-0, unfinished
1. Adam Putterman/Ross Putterman (WASHU) def. Sean Stokstad/Noah Sprinkel (COEM) 9-8 (8-6)
2. Kareem Farah/Parker Chang (WASHU) def. Jeff Damisch/Michael Woolf (COEM) 8-4
3. Gary Parizher/Jeffrey Hirsh (WASHU) def. Curtis Newman/Victor Khristenko (COEM) 8-3
• Washington U. improved to 8-6 against nationally ranked teams this season.
• The Bears are 24-14 (.632) all-time in the NCAA Tournament.
• Washington U. swept doubles play for the seventh time this season.
• With two wins on Saturday, junior Kareem Farah is now six wins shy of 100 for his career.
• The singles victory for Farah was the 40th of his career.
• Coe had its four-match winning streak snapped and ends its season with a 23-8 record.
Washington University (16-6) takes on the winner of #26 Gustavus Adolphus College on Sunday, May 13, at Noon for a berth in the quarterfinals. The Bears have advanced to the quarterfinals five-straight years and eight times in school history.