No. 10 WUSTL Men's Tennis Posts 5-0 Win Over Kalamazoo in NCAA Second Round
St. Louis, Mo., May 11, 2013 – The No. 10 ranked Washington University in St. Louis earned a 5-0 win over Kalamazoo College Saturday morning at Tao Tennis Center to advance to the third round of the 2013 NCAA Division III Men's Tennis Championship.
Washington University (18-5) takes on Coe College (32-1) Sunday at Noon in the Central Region Championship match. The winner advances to the NCAA Division III quarterfinals, held Monday, May 20, at Stowe Stadium in Kalamazoo, Mich.
1. #3 Adam Putterman (WASHUM) vs. Peter Rothstein (KZO-M) 6-1, 2-1, unfinished
2. Ross Putterman (WASHUM) vs. Steve Hanselman (KZO-M) 6-4, 3-3, unfinished
3. Tim Noack (WASHUM) vs. Mike Korn (KZO-M) 6-1, 5-0, unfinished
4. Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) vs. David DeSimone (KZO-M) 7-5, 2-1, unfinished
5. Gary Parizher (WASHUM) def. Robert Hudson (KZO-M) 6-3, 6-0
6. Kareem Farah (WASHUM) def. Alan Faber (KZO-M) 6-0, 6-1
1. Adam Putterman/Ross Putterman (WASHUM) def. Steve Hanselman/Peter Rothstein (KZO-M) 8-5
2. Kareem Farah/Josh Cogan (WASHUM) def. David DeSimone/Alan Faber (KZO-M) 8-2
3. Gary Parizher/Jeffrey Hirsh (WASHUM) def. Robert Hudson/Mike Korn (KZO-M) 8-6
• The 15-match winning streak is the second longest in school history.
• Washington U. is making its 14th-straight NCAA appearance.
• Freshman Josh Cogan and senior Kareem Farah trailed 2-1 at No. 2 doubles before winning seven-straight games.
• Senior Gary Parizher moved into the top-10 on the Washington U. all-time wins list with 126.
• Parizher’s singles victory was the 78th of his career, tied for sixth on the WUSTL all-time list.
• Washington U. has an overall record of 27-16 (.628) in 14 trips to the NCAA Division III tournament.
• Washington U. is 113-9 (.926) at home under head coach Roger Follmer – including 87-3 in the last nine years.