Adam Putterman Picks Up Milestone Win as Bears Down Case in UAA Semis
Altamonte Springs, Fla., April 27, 2013 – Third-seeded Washington University in St. Louis posted a 7-2 victory over No. 2 seed Case Western Reserve University in the semifinals of the 2013 University Athletic Association (UAA) Men’s Tennis Championship Saturday at Sanlando Park in Altamonte Springs, Fla.
Senior Adam Putterman picked up a pair of victories to increase his career total to 150, becoming the seventh player in school history to join the 150-win club. Putterman has an overall record of 150-67 (.691) in four seasons on the Danforth Campus.
1. #3 Adam Putterman (WASHUM) def. Christopher Krimbill (CASEM) 6-1, 7-6 (7-4)
2. Ross Putterman (WASHUM) def. Will Drougas (CASEM) 6-3, 6-2
3. Tim Noack (WASHUM) def. Kyle Gerber (CASEM) 6-0, 6-4
4. Eric Klawitter (CASEM) def. Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) 4-6, 6-4, 10-7
5. Gary Parizher (WASHUM) def. Derek Reinbold (CASEM) 7-6 (9-7), 6-1
6. Kareem Farah (WASHUM) def. John Healey (CASEM) 6-2, 6-2
1. Adam Putterman/Ross Putterman (WASHUM) def. John Healey/Nicolas Howe (CASEM) 8-6
2. Kyle Gerber/Christopher Krimbill (CASEM) def. Kareem Farah/Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) 8-4
3. Gary Parizher/Jeffrey Hirsh (WASHUM) def. Alex Solove/Richard Brunsting (CASEM) 8-6
• Washington U. is in the UAA championship match for the eighth-straight season, all against Emory.
• The 13-match winning streak is tied for the second longest in school history.
• Case Western is ranked No. 13 in the ITA Top-30 Poll, while Washington U. entered the match No. 14.
• Head coach Roger Follmer improved to 5-1 all-time against Case Western Reserve.
• Case Western defeated Washington U., 6-3, Feb. 24 in Greencastle, Ind., in the first meeting between the two teams.
Washington University (16-5) takes on top-seeded and No. 3 ranked Emory University in the UAA Championship match Sunday, April 28, at 9 a.m. (ET). Emory rallied for a 5-4 victory over No. 4 seed Carnegie Mellon University in the second semifinal.