Men’s Tennis Rallies For 5-4 Win Over No. 13 Carnegie in UAA Semis
RESULTS | PHOTO
UAA CHAMPIONSHIP WEBSITE
Altamonte Springs, Fla., April 27, 2012 – The No. 17 ranked Washington University in St. Louis men’s tennis team rallied from a 3-0 deficit for a 5-4 victory over No. 13 Carnegie Mellon University in the semifinals of the 2012 University Athletic Association (UAA) Championship on Friday at the Sanlando Park in Altamonte Springs, Fla.
1. #3 Adam Putterman (WASHU) def. #16 Duke Miller (CMUM) 6-1, 6-4
2. Gary Parizher (WASHU) def. C. Heaney-Secord (CMUM) 6-4, 6-4
3. #25 Ross Putterman (WASHU) def. Will Duncan (CMUM) 6-3, 7-5
4. Kareem Farah (WASHU) def. Harsha Rao (CMUM) 6-4, 6-2
5. Thomas Cooper (CMUM) def. Parker Chang (WASHU) 6-3, 6-2
6. Tim Noack (WASHU) def. Jooho Yu (CMUM) 6-2, 6-2
1. #17 Will Duncan/Duke Miller (CMUM) def. Adam Putterman/Ross Putterman (WASHU) 8-4
2. Thomas Cooper/Jooho Yu (CMUM) def. Parker Chang/Kareem Farah (WASHU) 8-4
3. Bryce Beisswanger/C. Heaney-Secord (CMUM) def. Jeffrey Hirsh/Gary Parizher (WASHU) 9-8 (10-8)
• Washington U. is in the UAA championship match for the seventh-straight season, all against Emory.
• The Bears have won nine-straight matches and improved its overall record to 15-5.
• Junior Gary Parizher has won 15-straight singles matches and improved his singles record to 25-2.
• Junior Adam Putterman is 27-3 in singles this season and has an overall record of 46-11.
• Washington U. was swept in doubles for the third time this season.
• It marked the second time this season and third since 2007 that Washington U. has won a match after being swept in doubles.
• Carnegie Mellon dropped its overall record to 13-7 with the loss.
• The victory for head coach Roger Follmer was the 190th of his career. Follmer is 190-61 (.757) in 11 seasons at WUSTL.
Washington U. takes on top-seeded and No. 2 ranked Emory University in the UAA Championship match on Saturday, April 28, at 9 a.m. (ET). Emory defeated No. 21 Case Western Reserve 8-1 in the other semifinal.