No. 14 Washington U. Men’s Tennis Sweeps Brandeis in UAA Quarterfinals
Altamonte Springs, Fla., April 26, 2013 – Third-seeded Washington University in St. Louis men’s tennis team swept No. 6 seed Brandeis University 9-0 in the quarterfinals of the 2013 University Athletic Association (UAA) Championship Friday morning at Sanlando Park in Altamonte Springs, Fla.
Washington University (15-5) advanced to the semifinals to take on No. 2 seed Case Western Reserve University Saturday at 2 p.m. (ET). The Spartans defeated Washington U. 6-3 Feb. 24 in Greencastle, Ind., in the lone meeting between the two teams.
1. #3 Adam Putterman (WASHUM) def. Steven Milo (BRMTEN) 6-1, 6-1
2. Ross Putterman (WASHUM) def. Josh Jordan (BRMTEN) 6-0, 6-2
3. Tim Noack (WASHUM) def. David Yovanoff (BRMTEN) 6-3, 7-6 (7-4)
4. Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) def. Alec Siegel (BRMTEN) 6-0, 6-1
5. Gary Parizher (WASHUM) def. Michael Secular (BRMTEN) 6-4, 6-2
6. Kareem Farah (WASHUM) def. Danny Lubarsky (BRMTEN) 6-4, 6-2
1. Adam Putterman/Ross Putterman (WASHUM) def. Steven Milo/Josh Jordan (BRMTEN) 8-3
2. Kareem Farah/Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) def. Michael Secular/Alec Siegel (BRMTEN) 8-2
3. Gary Parizher/Jeffrey Hirsh (WASHUM) def. Danny Lubarsky/David Yovanoff (BRMTEN) 8-4
• Washington U. is in the semifinals of the UAA Championship for the 18th-straight year.
• The 12-match winning is the third longest in school history.
• Head coach Roger Follmer improved to 7-0 all-time against Brandeis.
• Senior Kareem Farah (125th) and senior Gary Parizher (120th) each had milestone victories Friday.
• Parizher’s singles victory was the 75th of his career, seventh most in school history.
• Senior Adam Putterman cracked the top-10 in all-time WUSTL doubles victories with the 60th of his career Friday.