Adam Putterman Joins 100-Win Club as Men’s Tennis Downs Brandeis
RESULTS | PHOTOS
UAA CHAMPIONSHIP SITE
Altamonte Springs, Fla., April 26, 2012 – Junior Adam Putterman picked up a pair of victories to increase his career total to 100 as the No. 17 Washington University men’s tennis team downed Brandeis University 8-1 in the quarterfinals of the 2012 University Athletic Association (UAA) Championship on Thursday at the Sanlando Park in Altamonte Springs, Fla.
Putterman is the 10th player in school history to join the 100-win club. He is 60-21 in singles and 40-25 in doubles for an overall record of 100-46 (.685).
1. #3 Adam Putterman (WASHU) def. Steven Milo (BRMTEN) 6-4, 6-4
2. Gary Parizher (WASHU) def. Josh Jordan (BRMTEN) 6-3, 6-2
3. #25 Ross Putterman (WASHU) def. David Yovanoff (BRMTEN) 6-0, 6-2
4. Kareem Farah (WASHU) def. Alec Siegel (BRMTEN) 6-2, 6-1
5. Parker Chang (WASHU) def. Ezra Bernstein (BRMTEN) 6-3, 6-1
6. Tim Noack (WASHU) def. Michael Secular (BRMTEN) 6-4, 6-3
1. Adam Putterman/Ross Putterman (WASHU) def. Ezra Bernstein/David Yovanoff (BRMTEN) 8-5
2. Josh Jordan/Steven Milo (BRMTEN) def. Parker Chang/Kareem Farah (WASHU) 8-6
3. Jeffrey Hirsh/Gary Parizher (WASHU) def. Michael Secular/Alec Siegel (BRMTEN) 8-0
• Washington U. is in the semifinals of the UAA Championship for the 17th-straight year.
• The Bears have won eight-straight matches and improved its overall record to 14-5.
• Junior Gary Parizher has won 14-straight singles matches and improved his singles record to 24-2.
• Junior Adam Putterman is 26-3 in singles this season and has an overall record of 45-10.
• Brandeis suffered its sixth-straight defeat and dropped its overall record to 4-13.
Washington U. takes on second-seeded and No. 13 ranked Carnegie Mellon University on Friday, April 27, at 9 a.m., in the semifinals. Top-seeded Emory and No. 4 seed Case Western Reserve University will meet in the other semifinal on Friday.