Win Streak hits 10 as No. 14 Washington U. Men's Tennis Downs UMSL 8-1
St. Louis, Mo., April 15, 2013 – The No. 14 ranked Washington University in St. Louis men’s tennis team ran its winning streak to 10 matches with an 8-1 victory over NCAA Division II University of Missouri-St. Louis Monday afternoon at the Tao Tennis Center in St. Louis.
Washington U. improves to 13-5 with the win, while Missouri-St. Louis falls to 9-6.
1. #3 Adam Putterman (WASHUM) def. Heyburn, Harry (UMSL) 8-4
2. Tim Noack (WASHUM) def. Mueggenburg, Nils (UMSL) 9-7
3. McLarty, Tim (UMSL) def. Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) 8-4
4. Gary Parizher (WASHUM) def. Gorter, Tim (UMSL) 9-7
5. Kareem Farah (WASHUM) def. Corrales, Irving (UMSL) 8-0
6. Kevin Chu (WASHUM) def. Corrales, Nils (UMSL) 8-0
1. Adam Putterman/Josh Cogan (WASHUM) def. Mueggenburg, Nils/McLarty, Tim (UMSL) 8-4
2. Kareem Farah/Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) def. Heyburn, Harry/Gorter, Tim (UMSL) 9-8
3. Jeffrey Hirsh/Gary Parizher (WASHUM) def. Corrales, Nils/Corrales, Irving (UMSL) 8-0
• Washington U. is 111-9 (.925) at home under head coach Roger Follmer – including 58-2 in the last six years.
• The 10-match winning is the longest since 2009 when the Bears won a school-record 19-straight.
• Head coach Roger Follmer improved to 12-2 all-time against UMSL.
• Washington U. is 2-3 this season against NCAA Division II competition.
Washington University concludes regular season play at home Saturday, April 20, against NCAA Division II McKendree University. The match is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. The Bearcats are 14-2 overall and has won five-straight matches.