Men’s Tennis Downs No. 30 Chicago to Extend Win Streak to Six
Chicago, Ill., April 15, 2012 – The No. 17 ranked Washington University in St. Louis men’s tennis team ran its winning streak to six matches with a 7-2 win at No. 30 ranked University of Chicago on Sunday afternoon in Chicago.
The Bears improved their overall record to 12-5 and picked up their fifth win this season over a ranked team.
1. Adam Putterman/Ross Putterman (WASHU) def. Troy Brinker/Jan Stefanski (UCMEN) 8-5
2. Parker Chang/Kareem Farah (WASHU) def. Ankur Bhargava/Deepak Sabada (UCMEN) 9-7
3. Krishna Ravella/Zsolt Szabo (UCMEN) def. Max Franklin/Jeffrey Hirsh (WASHU) 8-5
1. #3 Adam Putterman (WASHU) def. Troy Brinker (UCMEN) 6-1, 7-5
2. Gary Parizher (WASHU) def. Jan Stefanski (UCMEN) 6-3, 6-2
3. Ankur Bhargava (UCMEN) def. #25 Ross Putterman (WASHU) 3-6, 6-3, 10-5
4. Kareem Farah (WASHU) def. Zsolt Szabo (UCMEN) 2-6, 6-3, 10-6
5. Parker Chang (WASHU) def. Deepak Sabada (UCMEN) 7-6 (7-4), 6-3
6. Tim Noack (WASHU) def. Harrison Abrams (UCMEN) 6-0, 6-4
• Junior Gary Parizher has won 12-straight singles matches and improved his singles record to 22-2.
• Junior Adam Putterman is now just three wins shy of 100 for his career.
• Sophomore Tim Noack clinched the match for the second-straight day with a 6-0, 6-4 victory at No. 6 singles.
• Putterman is 24-3 in singles this season and has an overall record of 42-9.
• Washington U. is 5-5 this season against nationally ranked teams.
• The Bears also beat Chicago (then ranked No. 11) 5-4 on Feb. 24 at the ITA Indoor Championship.
Washington University hosts No. 30 ranked DePauw University on Saturday, April 21, in its final regular season match. Doubles play is schedule to begin at 1 p.m.