No. 14 Men’s Tennis Sweeps Missouri Baptist For 10th Win of Season
St. Louis, Mo., April 12, 2013 – The No. 14 ranked Washington University in St. Louis men’s tennis team picked up its 10th win of the season with a 9-0 victory over Missouri Baptist University Friday afternoon at the Tao Tennis Center in St. Louis.
The win for the Bears was their seventh straight, and improved their overall record to 10-5. Missouri Baptist dropped its fifth-straight match and has a 1-6 record.
1. Kevin Chu (WASHUM) def. Drew Morris (MOBAP) 6-3, 6-3
2. Parker Chang (WASHUM) def. Mike Rubinelli (MOBAP) 6-1, 7-6 (7-3)
3. Naveen Chadalavada (WASHUM) def. Conner Stevenson (MOBAP) 6-2, 6-1
4. Eric Zishka (WASHUM) def. Ian Furey (MOBAP) 6-0, 6-0
5. Josh Cogan (WASHUM) def. Cole Stevenson (MOBAP) 6-0, 6-0
6. Amreet Mohanty (WASHUM) def. Kirk Tass (MOBAP) 6-3, 6-0
1. Naveen Chadalavada/Max Franklin (WASHUM) def. Mike Rubinelli/Drew Morris (MOBAP) 8-6
2. Kevin Chu/Eric Zishka (WASHUM) def. Conner Stevenson/Tanner Morris (MOBAP) 8-1
3. Parker Chang/Seth Sankary (WASHUM) def. Cole Stevenson/Kirk Tass (MOBAP) 8-1
• Washington U. is 108-9 (.923) at home under head coach Roger Follmer.
• The Bears have swept doubles play in five of the last six matches.
• This marks the 16th-straight year the Bears have record 10 or more victories in a season.
• Junior Max Franklin picked up the 50th win of his career Friday.
Washington University hosts a pair of matches this weekend against No. 29 University of Chicago Saturday at 9 a.m. and No. 18 Gustavus Adolphus College Sunday at 10 a.m.