No. 10 Men’s Tennis Drops NCAA Division II Ferris State, 7-2
St. Louis, Mo., March 6, 2012 – The No. 10 ranked Washington University in St. Louis men’s tennis team posted its third victory off the season over an NCAA Division II opponent following a 7-2 win over Ferris State University (Mich.) on Tuesday afternoon at the Tao Tennis Center.
Washington University (4-2) rallied from a 2-1 deficit to win all six singles matches over Ferris State, which dropped its overall record to 4-2. The Bears win five of six singles matches in straight sets.
1. Adam Putterman/Ross Putterman (WASHU) def. Steven Roberts/Laurent Galarneau (FS) 9-8 (12-10)
2. Razvan Mag/Oriol Vidal Cortes (FS) def. Max Franklin/Kevin Chu (WASHU) 8-6
3. Jack Swan/Tyler Marengo (FS) def. Kareem Farah/Gary Parizher (WASHU) 8-3
1. #3 Adam Putterman (WASHU) def. Laurent Galarneau (FS) 1-6, 6-2, 7-5
2. #25 Ross Putterman (WASHU) def. Jack Swan (FS) 6-3, 6-1
3. Gary Parizher (WASHU) def. Steven Roberts (FS) 6-2, 6-4
4. Kareem Farah (WASHU) def. Otto Keresztes (FS) 6-4, 6-1
5. Kevin Chu (WASHU) def. Razvan Mag (FS) 6-4, 6-3
6. Bryan Haywood (WASHU) def. Oriol Vidal Cortes (FS) 7-5, 6-1
• Washington U. fell behind following doubles play for the third time in six matches this season.
• Junior Adam Putterman picked up the 50th singles win of his career.
• Junior Gary Parizer’s singles win pushed his overall win total to 70-32.
Washington University (4-2) takes on NAIA No. 4 ranked Azusa Pacific University on Monday, March 12, at 1:30 p.m. (PT) in Azusa, California. This is the first of four matches on its Spring Break trip to California.