No. 14 Washington U. Men’s Tennis Sweeps Webster to Even Record at 5-5
St. Louis, Mo., March 29, 2013 – The No. 14 ranked Washington University in St. Louis men’s tennis team returned from a 12-day layoff with a 9-0 victory over Webster University Friday afternoon at the Tao Tennis Center in St. Louis.
Washington University evened its overall record at 5-5 with the win and posted its first sweep of the season, while Webster had its 13-match winning streak snapped and dropped to 13-2 overall.
1. #3 Adam Putterman (WASHUM) def. Francissco Cortez (WUMT) 6-2, 6-0
2. Tim Noack (WASHUM) def. Diego Alarcon (WUMT) 6-1, 6-0
3. Kareem Farah (WASHUM) def. Agustin Villalba (WUMT) 6-0, 6-0
4. Kevin Chu (WASHUM) def. Travis Blair (WUMT) 6-0, 6-0
5. Eric Zishka (WASHUM) def. Ricky Eaves (WUMT) 6-0, 6-1
6. Seth Sankary (WASHUM) def. Josh Sellmeyer (WUMT) 6-1, 6-3
1. Adam Putterman/Josh Cogan (WASHUM) def. Francissco Cortez/Agustin Villalba (WUMT) 8-1
2. Max Franklin/Kevin Chu (WASHUM) def. Josh Papes/Ricky Eaves (WUMT) 8-0
3. Seth Sankary/Amrett Mohanty (WASHUM) def. Diego Alarcon/Josh Sellmeyer (WUMT) 8-3
• The victory for head coach Roger Follmer was the 198th in his 12-year career.
• Washington U. is 103-9 (.920) at home under Follmer.
• The singles victory for junior Tim Noack was the 40th of his career.
Washington University continues its 10-match homestand Thursday, April 4, against Fontbonne University. Doubles play is set to begin at 4 p.m., at the Tao Tennis Center.