No. 16 Men’s Tennis Concludes Hawaii Trip With 7-2 Win Over No. 26 Whittier
Honolulu, Hawaii, March 16, 2013 – The No. 16 ranked Washington University in St. Louis men’s tennis team posted a 7-2 win over No. 26 Whittier College Saturday afternoon to end the Bears’ four-match spring break trip to Hawaii.
Washington U. split the four matches in Hawaii, with both losses coming to NCAA Division II ranked teams.
1. #3 Adam Putterman (WASHUM) def. Julian Seneviratne (WHITTIER) 6-4, 6-1
2. David Konstantinov (WHITTIER) def. Ross Putterman (WASHUM) 6-4, 7-6 (7-1)
3. Tim Noack (WASHUM) def. Chris Schommer (WHITTIER) 6-4, 7-5
4. Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) def. Matthew Herron (WHITTIER) 6-3, 6-0
5. Gary Parizher (WASHUM) def. Samuel Farmer (WHITTIER) 6-3, 6-2
6. Kareem Farah (WASHUM) def. Shogo Shimizu (WHITTIER) 6-1, 6-1
1. #12 Julian Seneviratne/David Konstantinov (WHITTIER) def. Adam Putterman/Ross Putterman (WASHUM) 8-5
2. Kareem Farah/Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) def. Chris Schommer/Andrew Hansen (WHITTIER) 8-3
3. Jeffrey Hirsh/Gary Parizher (WASHUM) def. Matthew Herron/Shogo Shimizu (WHITTIER) 8-6
• The Bears have played all nine matches against teams ranked in the top-50.
• The victory for head coach Roger Follmer was the 197th in his 12-year career.
• Adam Putterman moved into a tie with Zack Fayne for seventh place on the WUSTL all-time wins list with 134.
• The singles win for Gary Parizher was the 68th of his career, moving past Isaac Stein (2007-10) for seventh place all-time.
Washington University (4-5) opens up a 10-match homestand Thursday, March 21, against Webster University. Doubles play is set to begin at 4 p.m., at the Tao Tennis Center. The Bears will play their final 10 regular season matches at home.