No. 16 Men's Tennis Snaps Losing Streak With Win Over No. 13 Whitman
Honolulu, Hawaii, March 15, 2013 – The No. 16 ranked Washington University in St. Louis men’s tennis team snapped a three-match losing streak with an 8-1 win over No. 13 Whitman College Friday morning in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Washington University improves its overall record to 3-4 with the win, while Whitman falls to 8-4. The Bears have played all seven matches this season against top-50 opponents.
1. #3 Adam Putterman (WASHUM) def. #10 Colton Malesovas (WHIT) 6-2, 4-6, 6-3
2. Ross Putterman (WASHUM) def. Andrew La Cava (WHIT) 6-4, 4-6, 6-2
3. Tim Noack (WASHUM) def. Sam Sadeghi (WHIT) 7-5, 6-4
4. Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) def. Steven Roston (WHIT) 6-4, 6-0
5. Gary Parizher (WASHUM) def. Andy Riggs (WHIT) 6-3, 1-6, 7-6 (7-5)
6. Kareem Farah (WASHUM) def. Noah Lee (WHIT) 6-2, 6-1
1. Adam Putterman/Ross Putterman (WASHUM) def. Matt Tesmond/Andy Riggs (WHIT) 8-1
2. Andrew La Cava/Colton Malesovas (WHIT) def. Kareem Farah/Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) 8-3
3. Jeffrey Hirsh/Gary Parizher (WASHUM) def. Sam Sadeghi/Steven Roston (WHIT) 8-0
• The singles victory for Kareem Farah was his fifth-straight overall and 50th of his career.
• The singles win for Gary Parizher was the 67th of his career, tying Isaac Stein (2007-10) for seventh place all-time.
• The singles victory for Adam Putterman was the 80th of his career.
Washington University continues play Friday at 3 p.m. (HST) against NCAA Division II No. 5 ranked Hawaii Pacific University.